IP packet Fragmentation PS4

What are your mtu settings set to on your PS4 and your Router?  I could see an IP packet fragmentation issue if there is some sort of mismatch going on between your PS4 and the rest of your network.

3 minutes ago, PharmDawgg said:

What are your mtu settings set to on your PS4 and your Router?  I could see an IP packet fragmentation issue if there is some sort of mismatch going on between your PS4 and the rest of your network.

1492... tried manual 1492 on PS4 and auto ,my isp is IDNET and that’s what they use over ppoe 

19 minutes ago, PharmDawgg said:

Ok. 1492 should be your appropriate mtu for ppoe. Sorry stupid question. Have you tried setting your router to manual 1492 and ps4 as well or will it not work?

It’s set at 1492 in the router and PS4 ... it’s a bit strange but think it might be the netgear 

Guest Killhippie
17 minutes ago, sharpz44 said:

Will not change not matter what I try 

I had this issue I thinks it’s something to do with the router as the R7800 it’s built off does it too. My RAX120 does not give me that message and that’s with a mtu of 1492 and PS4 on auto. Saying that I never had issues playing with that message either. 

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you try giving your PS4 a static/reserve IP on the router LAN Settings please, also how do you have it setup for NAT - UPnP, port forwarding/triggering, DMZ?

I’ll try a static,Nat is secure and everything else is just default 

Guest Killhippie
6 hours ago, sharpz44 said:

Same ...but to be fair still works fine ,bit odd 

Never got rid of that message on the XR500 and its been reported enough, it was also present on the R7800 and was never fixed and to be fair I have seen it on other routers, it takes ages getting NAT type normally then gives that warning. Possibly a firewall issue maybe you could try without DoS protection although they are Netgears own additions to the firewall they cause issues like filtering ICMP on IPv6... Never had issues playing though so you should be fine. I would leave the settings as they are tbh.