DUMAOS application path for firewall access

Is the XR300 ever going to get the ability to install Plex Media server? Seems outdated that a machine with such a great cpu and backbone cant handle the simple interface of PLEX and is only limited to the x10 which is what now 8 years old???

• Administrators

I've merged both your topics and copied my answer from these questions on Facebook.

That is a Netgear exclusive feature so we don't have any say on that. I'd suggest contacting Netgear directly, perhaps via Twitter and asking that.

Where are you logging in so much that you think it needs to be allowed through your PC firewall? Are you referring to logging in through the interface?

On 10/20/2019 at 2:29 AM, KP5401 said:

What is the application path for windows that we can use to allow DUMAOS through a firewall on our PC. I have to login like 30 or 40 times because it is not "secure".

Are you talking about the screen that pops up saying that there's an invalid certificate? You can add an exception for the router's IP address to your browser so that it won't constantly ask you about this.

On 10/20/2019 at 2:30 AM, KP5401 said:

Is the XR300 ever going to get the ability to install Plex Media server? Seems outdated that a machine with such a great cpu and backbone cant handle the simple interface of PLEX and is only limited to the x10 which is what now 8 years old???

The XR300 probably won't get the ability to install Plex. It's one of the unique selling points of the XR700, so I imagine Netgear wouldn't want to devalue the XR700 by moving all of it's features to the lower models which might not even have the power to run them. You say that Plex is simple but I think from a backend point of view it's quite resource intensive.