I can find games when I shouldn't, I think something's wrong with my XR500

Good morning,

I've been having strange experiences on CoDs from IW to Bo4. 

I have a 7Mb connection with ping that usually ranges from 12 to 20 on my PC. I have set on my XR500 a radius of 650km (I live in central Italy, and I don't want to get paired with French and German who have the optical fiber connection and thus a huge advantage). I have the strict mode and fast research enabled. Now, if I set my ping assist to 0, I cannot find any game no matter how much I wait. If I set the ping assist to 1, I almost immediatly get put into a game, but the ping to the host is far from being 1ms, it's usually around 40-50ms, which is what I would like to avoid. Also, if I try to deny the host and leave the game, no matter what I keep getting put in the same game over and over again.

What can I change to make it better?

Thanks.

From my knowledge fast search will pretty much by pass your ping assist setting. and i would put the ping assist at 20 or i should say 10 above what your base ping is mines 10 so its 20 for me. try setting it at 20 and turn fast search off. 

3 minutes ago, DAKOTADOCKALL said:

From my knowledge fast search will pretty much by pass your ping assist setting. and i would put the ping assist at 20 or i should say 10 above what your base ping is mines 10 so its 20 for me. try setting it at 20 and turn fast search off. 

I've tried to switch off the fast research but you basically cannot find games on any CoD if the ping assist is less than 30, and even then, I do struggle do find games. What's surprising anyways is that I set the ping assist to 1 and get put in 40ms ping servers. Lag hits really hard this way.

Try putting your geo location in the middle of the pacific ocean and set ping assist to 30 and have strict mode on and see if that helps thats what i do and i get into the dallas server ever time almost. But im in the US where there is more servers I think but dallas comes through 99% of the time. 

5 minutes ago, DAKOTADOCKALL said:

Try putting your geo location in the middle of the pacific ocean and set ping assist to 30 and have strict mode on and see if that helps thats what i do and i get into the dallas server ever time almost. But im in the US where there is more servers I think but dallas comes through 99% of the time. 

Isn't it kinda the same of setting the radius to 0 and getting only the ping assist active?

Uhh im not to sure about that i think if you still have it set where you live it tries to find a game there but when it in the ocean it finds the server that best fits your ping assist. Pretty much your using ping assist only if ya understand. I cant remember witch admin or moderator told me about this but it change my gaming for the better.