Certain elements of UI are cutoff by browser border

fatal0Efx

I don't understand why but my Netduma cuts off portions of the UI, specifically the upper right ... menu options.  I am at 100% scaling on the OS and 100% zoom on the browser (Chrome and Edge).  Note the screenshot attached where I cannot see "Account Settings or Theme selection".  Those options are bound to some extremely small scrollable window within the browser.

What is causing this?

Also, for my 1980x1200 resolution monitor, the UI elements just seem extremely HUGE as if I'm looking at a really low resolution monitor.  I almost have to have the browser window maximized at all times just to see all elements.  In the same screenshot, notice how I can't see half of what I should see on this specific UI page.  Is this the normal UI size?

2019-10-06.thumb.png.324cd9d43a51d54f1950764326956574.png

• Administrators

The top right is known already so that will be fixed. That size looks correct based on the size of the window yes, I don't see anything wrong there. If the Bandwidth Allocation diagram was too small for example it would be hard to read device names/percentages.

On 10/6/2019 at 3:44 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

If the Bandwidth Allocation diagram was too small for example it would be hard to read device names/percentages.

Too small?  Here's another screenshot with Chrome set to 75% zoom whereas Edge is 100%.  Chrome is still completely legible to me and is closer to what I'd prefer.  Unfortunately all UI elements don't seem to scale well with the browser.  E.g., the percentages on that chart are actually larger on the Chrome window at 75% than the Edge window at 100%.  It seems that scales with the actual browser window size.  It would be nice if all elements scaled with browser zoom.

Ultimately I think there's a lot of room here for improvement.  I feel like I'm 80 years old looking through a magnifying glass when looking at this UI (as well as this forum).  I use my 2560x1440 monitors at 100% scaling where most need 125 or 150%.  Perhaps that's why this looks so large to me.  Most websites now have this problem for me but I can zoom them out.

2019-10-07 (2).png

I tend to use 125% scaling and the interface looks pretty good to me.

On your screenshots, I think the scaling looks fine... I mean it's about as readable as the other stuff being displayed.

I think this is a matter of opinion really but I will ask the devs about whether we can improve the browser zoom support.

18 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

I tend to use 125% scaling and the interface looks pretty good to me.

On your screenshots, I think the scaling looks fine... I mean it's about as readable as the other stuff being displayed.

I think this is a matter of opinion really but I will ask the devs about whether we can improve the browser zoom support.

125% on what resolution?

Haha. I was totally kidding. I'm kind of the opposite. I like to fit as many things as possible on screen to multitask so need everything to be as small as possible while readable. 

OH well. I think I'd browser scaling working for all elements would probably go a long way. Either that or allowing us to simply customize all elements of the interface to our liking, from text sizing, to element/panel resizing, etc. 

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, fatal0Efx said:

Haha. I was totally kidding. I'm kind of the opposite. I like to fit as many things as possible on screen to multitask so need everything to be as small as possible while readable. 

OH well. I think I'd browser scaling working for all elements would probably go a long way. Either that or allowing us to simply customize all elements of the interface to our liking, from text sizing, to element/panel resizing, etc. 

You can resize the panels if you pin the ones you want to the Geo-Filter, it may also help you to click the 3 line icon to the left of the Netduma logo. That will collapse the main menu so you have more space to work with. Hopefully those two combined can give you the desired affect.