XR700 Google Device Set-up

Help!

Recently changed my XR700 SSID & WIFI password. Since doing so I haven't been able to connect my 2 Google Home Minis & my Google Nest Indoor IQ Cam to my WIFI network. All 3 devices were working perfectly fine prior to the change & following the change every other device in my home has connected without a problem.

Since discovering the issue I've completed the following:

• turned the 3 devices on & off multiple times
  • factory reset them multiple times
  • Tried connecting them via both 2.4Ghz & 5G
  • Deleted my Google Home app & reinstalled it on my iPhone
  • Deleted my home in the Google Home app & created a new one
  • Checked I'm using the latest Google Home app software
  • Rebooted my XR700 numerous times
  • Contacted Google Nest Support on Twitter, they've only advised me to try things that I've already done
  • Been tempted to throw all 3 devices against the nearest wall

Has anyone else had the same issue? I would appreciate any suggestions that might resolve it, thanks.

So after factory resetting the devices and unlinking them from your account, have you tried setting them up as if they were brand new? I think that involves connecting to the WiFi network that they generate themselves, and then telling them the SSID and password to look for.

49 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

So after factory resetting the devices and unlinking them from your account, have you tried setting them up as if they were brand new? I think that involves connecting to the WiFi network that they generate themselves, and then telling them the SSID and password to look for.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your response. I have been attempted to set them up as brand new & I've also tried to use their hotspot but didn't have any success as it was constantly searching for a WIFI network but just couldn't see it.

However last night I had a breakthrough, I found that if I disabled Bluetooth on my phone it then gave you the option of setting up by using their hotspot which allowed be connect to my WIFI.

Still no joy with the Nest Cam though, I'm going to try that again after work tonight.

• Administrators

Two things I would suggest - the factory reset on the devices may not have worked correctly so perhaps try setting the WiFi up the way it was before and see if they can connect. If so, forget the WiFi on the devices before changing it. If the devices have the option, try setting up the WiFi manually by actually typing in the SSID, encryption method etc and see if they can connect that way.