High ping

Kostas83

Hi to all!

i purchased the XR500 and my ping  didn’t improve at all. I still have ping on the game around 70-90 ms. I set it with the suggestion settings. I am leaving in Greece and on the geo-filter I found only servers far away from country. That means that finally it will not improve my lag? I play on PS4. My ISP ping is 7ms on a test connection. Can anyone please advise?

Thank you for your reply. I search on the internet and I found that there some other servers close to me. I wonder if something on my settings is not good because I have a ping around 60ms from the server. This is normal? Also I start to thing that Activision have disable some of the servers and prepare them for the next cod. Maybe i am wrong... But I am disappointed I thought that with this router I will have lower ping on the game...

We can help you to get the lowest ping possible with your connection, but we can't create a low ping server where one doesn't exist.

Firstly, using QoS we can make sure that your high ping isn't being caused by anything inside your house. If there's lag on your local connection then every server you connect to will be affected. For most connections we recommend setting the anti-bufferbloat sliders to 70% each way, and setting them to activate when high priority traffic is detected.

You could then use PingPlotter on your computer to see where milliseconds are being added to your ping. If those milliseconds are being added in the first few hops, then you'll know there's a problem in your house.

From that point, you could use Ping Assist to only allow connections that meet your standards. 

Thank you for your reply! I understand what did you said and we are on the same page. My ping in the game is it normal according to the server that I am connect. But my question is why I can’t find a server closer to me? I saw some videos on YouTube that shows on the DumaOS servers closer to Greece but I can’t find them. The only possibility that I thought is that servers are deactivated and prepare them for the new COD that will be release 25 of October and they left some servers active for Black Ops 4. There is any way to check which servers are active right now or how can I check that the Geo Filter works properly?

best regards!!!

Well the easiest way to check is to put the Geo-Filter on Spectating Mode, and then take a screenshot when servers appear all over the map.

The game pings servers all over the world as it starts up, so you can see at that point what's available.

It's certainly possible that they have moved one of the servers near you over to the new CoD game, although it seems quite strange to remove servers only a year after the game came out.