torrent client hybrid VPN on XR700

Trying to set up my torrent client to use hybrid VPN, I set up hybrid VPN that works on the device running the torrent client (namely Tixati) when I use hybrid VPN for the entire device. However trying just run VPN for the tixati service by adding the port used by tixati but that does not appear to work (no effect of speed when torrenting, and I can still see my IP on "self connect" connection on a particular tracker).

Am I doing something wrong?

image.thumb.png.fec3973f3db8e517d82357a0a498bb4a.png

Okay nice, just starting with the basics.

Do you know if the VPN server you're using is TCP or UDP?

In Tixati settings, under Connections, you can choose the Outgoing and Incoming peer connection protocols. Maybe set those to TCP only or UDP only based on what kind of VPN server you're using.

So I am using expressVPN, I think they use both UDP and TCP - express VPN also has software that can allow a specific app to be VPNed, but for somehow it blocks uploads in tixati.

I tried changing Tixati to UDP only and the speed dropped weather I am using hybrid VPN or not, not sure how to tell at this point if its working

So actually I went ahead and downloaded an ip tracking torrent and while using expressVPN app to only allow TIXATI to use VPN everything works fine regardless weather Tixati is set to UDP or TCP - the tracker returns proxy ip. however neither setting does anything for DumaOS hybrid VPN which as far as I can tell does nothing = what am I doing wrong?

I imagine what's happening is that there's a port we're missing. I'll need to look up what the typical port ranges are.

Also, torrents tend to use TCP rather than UDP because with UDP it won't be possible for the seeder to confirm whether you got the packets or not. That's probably why it was slower.

As far as I can see /read these is just one port, has always been that way, I disabled UPNP and am forwarding the port manually.

I have always just had to forward one port with tixati on various setups

image.png.b034b21b184a24d12e6a52b30f14df71.png

• Administrators

Can you change the VPN Traffic service to Do NOT VPN these services and then see if the VPN has successfully applied to the device itself (not the torrent). Just want to see if the VPN itself is actually working.

• Administrators

Could you change the port on the program and then fully shut it down. Then change the rule on the VPN to the new port. Give it a few minutes then try the program and see if it works then please - using the same source ports I mentioned.