geo filter dont work for fifa 20!!

Iilukas210

hello alex thank you for a reply yes ping assist is off, and scrict mode on, weird thing is on fifa when i checked the opponent after the game it sayed he was from the uk but clealry accoring to the netduma that was incorrect, it wasnt a mislocted peer/server as it had over 100ms ping and as you can imagine the game was laggy, maybe geo filter software needs looking at?

11 hours ago, Iilukas210 said:

hello alex thank you for a reply yes ping assist is off, and scrict mode on, weird thing is on fifa when i checked the opponent after the game it sayed he was from the uk but clealry accoring to the netduma that was incorrect, it wasnt a mislocted peer/server as it had over 100ms ping and as you can imagine the game was laggy, maybe geo filter software needs looking at?

any info regarding this?

33 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Well your ping looks largely consistent but there's a couple of big packet loss spikes around 5pm and 10am, maybe you were doing a download or something at that point?

and yeah i was testing some settings at this times. so you reagrding the pings is it bad or good?

2 hours ago, Iilukas210 said:

any info regarding this?

So you had a server outside of the UK which was high ping, but the person appeared to be from the UK on the console?

I'm trying to figure out where the inconsistency is here, is it because the ping was too high for somebody from the UK?

2 hours ago, Iilukas210 said:

and yeah i was testing some settings at this times. so you reagrding the pings is it bad or good?

I'd say the ping is pretty standard. Certainly not anything awful. My only concern would be if milliseconds were being added inside your house instead of on the way to the server.

yeah i was just playing seasons not ultimate team on fifa 20 and after you have a game you can check the opponents record and it also states where the location is by showing a flag of which country their based and this opponent was from the uk, but according to the geo filter it was diffrent as you can see, do you think maybe the game forced me onto a server/peer in that location? but if thats the case then the geo filter isnt doing its job correclty!

Ah I see. I'm trying to figure out if it's just a user that we can't place on the map, sometimes they appear in the centre of the map. On this occasion I think that's not what's happening.

So yes I think that the Ping Assist isn't turning off correctly. My recommendation would be to turn Ping Assist off, and then install this firmware version: https://kb.netgear.com/000060127/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-32

Once that's installed, you can upgrade back to the current one. I imagine that will stop Ping Assist from misbehaving.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having this same problem but with NHL '20. I assume they use similar setups. I play mostly EASHL, I'll be the host and will get connected far outside my perimeter. Strict is on and ping assist at 0. I also play some HUT with the same results.

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Xcel said:

I am having this same problem but with NHL '20. I assume they use similar setups. I play mostly EASHL, I'll be the host and will get connected far outside my perimeter. Strict is on and ping assist at 0. I also play some HUT with the same results.

Hello, welcome to the forum!

Would you mind making a new topic regarding this as they're both different games. In that topic could you include a screenshot of the entire Geo-Filter showing when this happens please? Most likely we'll need to test the game and see if it is compatible with the Geo-Filter.