Color coding servers and letting us connect to the one we want.

We should have the choice to connect to the servers we want. I think if the servers that are available to connect to could be lit up a different color and we could click and connect to the server we choose or If we don't click on a server before it connects like it is set to do currently it should just connect like duma has it set to do now. Players in your lobby should be lit from a scale of red to green on how good or poor their connection is. This way we can block players with bad signal. As it is now it's very hard to tell who is who to block them. Also labeling states would be cool.

Welcome to the forums!

Your first idea is an interesting one, but I don't think it would work in practice. I'll copy in what I said in another thread about this:

It's a good idea, but the problem is that the servers shown on the map are ones that have already been pinged. You can't go in after the fact and choose a server, because the game has already established the connection.

Essentially we have to know wether to block or allow a server before the game attempts to connect to it. Your solution would require us to have control over the game as well as the router.

The idea to colour code players by how good their connection is, that's a good one, and I think we might be able to do it. I'll forward it to the developers to see what they think.

Thanks for the feedback! We always appreciate ideas from users.

On 9/24/2019 at 2:53 AM, Netduma Alex said:

Welcome to the forums!

Your first idea is an interesting one, but I don't think it would work in practice. I'll copy in what I said in another thread about this:

The idea to colour code players by how good their connection is, that's a good one, and I think we might be able to do it. I'll forward it to the developers to see what they think.

Thanks for the feedback! We always appreciate ideas from users.

Thanks. It should work if code is written so the router for a short period blocks out all other servers except the one the person selected. This of course wouldn't work 100% because games like call of duty would bounce you into another lobby if other players didn't show up. Anyway this method would also increase chance of hosting and that would improve connection too. 

• Administrators
19 hours ago, vicious_results said:

Thanks. It should work if code is written so the router for a short period blocks out all other servers except the one the person selected. This of course wouldn't work 100% because games like call of duty would bounce you into another lobby if other players didn't show up. Anyway this method would also increase chance of hosting and that would improve connection too. 

It's definitely something we'll look into, the hard part is making it user friendly. People could get confused by the different colours, a map legend could prevent that though! I wouldn't say people hosting games would improve the connection, residential connections can change rapidly where servers are generally more stable. I remember early on when the product launched people begged for servers and now seems it's going back the other way.

On 10/1/2019 at 10:23 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

It's definitely something we'll look into, the hard part is making it user friendly. People could get confused by the different colours, a map legend could prevent that though! I wouldn't say people hosting games would improve the connection, residential connections can change rapidly where servers are generally more stable. I remember early on when the product launched people begged for servers and now seems it's going back the other way.

No I agree servers are better but it seems like on games like COD ww2 they put us on dedicated servers but then we end up on peer to peer lobbies sometimes. I could be wrong but this is what my router said. It doesn't happen often.

• Administrators
16 hours ago, vicious_results said:

No I agree servers are better but it seems like on games like COD ww2 they put us on dedicated servers but then we end up on peer to peer lobbies sometimes. I could be wrong but this is what my router said. It doesn't happen often.

It's possible it was misclassified as a peer but was actually a server. Take a look at the domain name, if it's got something like vultr in it then it's a server just misclassified at a peer. If you come across any of those we'd be grateful if you could post them in the form here so we could correct them: