R1 issues

JOE1305

Hi Netduma Team,

since a week I have issues with my R1. It always drops all my devices from the Wifi. Following devices are connected: 2 Smartphones, TV, Bose Soundbar and a Laptop. I tried to restart the router through the user interface but it didnt let me. The only way helped me was unpluging from power for few seconds than it worked for few hours than it dropped my all devices again from the wifi. What can I do? And this router is actually new. I got it in may 2018 and already changed one.

Thx for the help guys.

1 minute ago, Netduma Alex said:

What version of DumaOS are you using? What is the R1 connected to upstream? (ISP router/modem?) Can you upload a recent log from after you get disconnected?

i cant tell it right now because im at work. will write it here in the evening. The R1 ist connected with a router.

16 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

What version of DumaOS are you using? What is the R1 connected to upstream? (ISP router/modem?) Can you upload a recent log from after you get disconnected?

Hi Alex,

here is my firmware as you requested: R1 2.1.3.29

Just now, Netduma Alex said:

Thanks for the info. One more question, do you have any devices connected via ethernet and do they get disconnected at the same time as the wifi devices?

no, all devices are connected via wifi. only the isp router is connected to the netduma via ethernet cable. yesterday i was watching netflix and it dropped the wifi again. so i connected my tv with the isp router until the r1 is fixed.

Okay so the first thing i'm thinking is that this isn't a WiFi problem but instead a problem between the R1 and the ISP router.

Is the Netduma's WAN IP in the DMZ of the ISP router? Does the ISP router have any sort of firewall which you haven't disabled?

18 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Okay so the first thing i'm thinking is that this isn't a WiFi problem but instead a problem between the R1 and the ISP router.

Is the Netduma's WAN IP in the DMZ of the ISP router? Does the ISP router have any sort of firewall which you haven't disabled?

its not the isp router bro. everything is set up like it should be. . i have the R1 for years now.the firewall of the isp router is disabled and everything runs over the R1.  i already had once the same problem with the wifi on the R1 and it was falty at the end. last year in may i got a new router from netduma, now this one seems to have the same issue.

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you disable the WiFi, reboot then enable the WiFi and reboot again please and see if that helps.

Hi Fraser, I did what you told me. When I rebooted the router the Wifi was already on. For now it works like everytime I reboot the router. But it accures that after few hours it drops again. I will keep you updated.

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It was on after disabling? Did you apply when you disabled before reboot and confirmed that it went off?

yeah i always save the new settings fraser. i dont know what it is with the R1 but somehow the wifi is pretty bad. the last R1 i exchanged last year in may. but this time im not in warranty :(.

21 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes that's what I meant, thank you. Could you change the encryption to PSK not PSK2 and change the channel to any other one but preferably the least congested. I want to see if these settings are impacting the disconnections.

Hi Fraser,

I did what you suggested, now I cant find the R1 Wifi on my Laptop. I made a hard reset on the R1 but its not possible to find the R1 Wifi. Cant even access the dashboard now. 

11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you see it on any other device? You may need to go into connection settings on the PC and 'forget' the WiFi connection so it can see the new connection with the different encryption method.

its working now. it took a while to find it. but its still wpask2. i cant change it to what you recommended