Netduma R1 Dropping Wifi

Dantaniean

Hello

I'm having a real problem with the Netduma R1 of late.  It keeps dropping the Wifi signal to all devices.  The Wired connections are working completely fine and don't seem to have an issue.

I have tried a Factory Reset, changing the Wifi Channel to the different channels using Wifi Analyser to pick the least congested channel and multiple resets to the device.  I have even looked in the forum and found some solutions which I tried and yet have not been able to resolve the issue (can't locate the post so apologies for having to create a new post).  It's becoming annoying because I have to stop everything I am doing while it all resets

It is possible that I have too many devices attached via Wifi?  I'll give you a list of what I have attached

• Google Phone
  • Google Tablet
  • Hive Heating Control
  • Kindle FIre HD Table
  • PlayStation 3
  • Alexa
  • ChromeCast
  • Ring Doorbell
  • Ring Camera

The Ring devices are the most recent addition and the problems have started since they were added so I am curious if it maybe these causing the problems.  Any help would be appreciated

Kind regards

Daniel

• Administrators

Definitely not too many devices, should be able to handle a lot. A couple of things that would spring to mind to try is:

• Ensure there are no wireless devices e.g. headsets, controller etc within 3 feet of the router, even a microwave as they can all interfere with the signal.
  • You mentioned that it started when you introduced the Ring devices so if possible would you be able to disconnect those from the R1 (maybe connect them to ISP hub for the time being?) to see if the issue stops?

The only wireless device I have is a Sub Woofer connected to a speaker.  Otherwise all clear.  The sub woofer does crackle a lot when switched on so not sure if that may be interfering. I'll try searching on a different channel to see if it makes a difference.  

I'll also try moving the Ring Devices to the ISP hub and see how it works out.  

Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I might have found the issue.  So far no problems since.  Recently I was using the USB port to charge a battery and the issues seemed to occur when it was connected to the R1 router.  Not charged anything on it since then, and I've not had one single disconnect.  Could that be the issue?

(Wondering if i have jinxed myself by saying that :-s)

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, Dantaniean said:

I might have found the issue.  So far no problems since.  Recently I was using the USB port to charge a battery and the issues seemed to occur when it was connected to the R1 router.  Not charged anything on it since then, and I've not had one single disconnect.  Could that be the issue?

(Wondering if i have jinxed myself by saying that :-s)

That's super interesting if that's the case. I know the USB for the R1 was never given functionality on the software side, so maybe something weird is happening there. Let us know if you have any more disconnects if you don't plug a USB into it!

2 minutes ago, Netduma Jack said:

That's super interesting if that's the case. I know the USB for the R1 was never given functionality on the software side, so maybe something weird is happening there. Let us know if you have any more disconnects if you don't plug a USB into it!

Will do