Xbox Party Chat Issues

I currently am having issues with party chat. I have upnp disabled and my ports manually forwarded. I have tried geo filter in spectating and filter modes and have issues either way. Normally I can hear everyone, but one specific friend. He also can't hear me. He doesn't have issues unless I'm in the party,  which makes me believe the issue is on my end. I've gone through the typical Xbox troubleshooting tips and still have the same issues  I had my internet provider reprovision my modem (Arris Surfboard which I own)  and still have issues. Prior to the XR500 I never had issues. Hopefully someone can help as I like the features of the xr500 and don't necessarily want to buy a different router. 

Edit: Running the most current firmware. 

Edited by KyleY
Additional note

Hey, welcome to the forums!

So you say you think the problem is on your end because your friend only has issues when you're in the party? This is a fair point, although it sounds like you also don't have any issues unless he is in the party, so it could be either side.

It surprises me that party chat would refuse to work even with the Geo-Filter in spectating mode. What's your console NAT type?

Also, what happens if you disable QoS? Go to QoS and in the Anti-Bufferbloat side menu, tick Disable QoS.

My NAT is open. I'll try the QoS disabled when I play with him next. If I host the party he will continually disconnect and reconnect. If I'm in any party besides mine, then I disconnect and reconnect, or I'll realize that I'm missing 90% of the convo and if I switch to game chat and back to party chat, then I'll be able to hear temporarily. 

Oh right, yes that does sound like an issue on your end.

Is your Xbox connected to your XR500 via an ethernet cable or via wifi?

Could you try connecting via the one you're NOT currently using, and see if that changes anything?

This isn't a permanent solution, only a test.

• 3 months later...

I am also having an issue connecting to party chat on Xbox. I enable the DMZ on my modem, disabled Qos, port forwarded my Xbox. My friend gets into my party and we can’t hear each other but are connected. I can log onto my Xbox app on my computer and voice chat but cannot connect through Xbox. 

• Netduma Staff
On 12/20/2019 at 10:46 PM, Micheal said:

I am also having an issue connecting to party chat on Xbox. I enable the DMZ on my modem, disabled Qos, port forwarded my Xbox. My friend gets into my party and we can’t hear each other but are connected. I can log onto my Xbox app on my computer and voice chat but cannot connect through Xbox. 

Hi Micheal - welcome to the forum! A few other people have reported this Xbox chat issue, it was caused by the latest Xbox software update. We're looking into what part of their update isn't agreeing with DumaOS so we can roll out a fix.