Need Help With XR500

velloonythedeity

I recently just left charter spectrum, and now with at&t fiber 300 upload & download. I need a step by step guide on how to bridge mode at&t "bgw210 700" modem/ router combo to my XR500 router. I tried it on my own but it felt like I was running slow and turning slow.

Without having one in the office I wouldn't know exactly how to put it into bridge mode. You'll have to look up guides online.

If bridge mode isn't possible you'll have to put the XR500's WAN IP into the DMZ of the modem.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2019 at 6:44 PM, velloonythedeity said:

I recently just left charter spectrum, and now with at&t fiber 300 upload & download. I need a step by step guide on how to bridge mode at&t "bgw210 700" modem/ router combo to my XR500 router. I tried it on my own but it felt like I was running slow and turning slow.

I gotcha man.......go to “firewall” tab, then you’ll see “IP Passthrough”. Click that & choose device (xr500 should show up). Select that and select “fixed” on the other drop down. It’s pretty much that simple. There’s only IP Passthrough not Bridge mode. Restart your device under “device” tab, then your console. Should see “open” NAT as well. Make sure to turn your WiFi off on the gateway as well, assuming you’re using the WiFi from xr500. All port forwarding done through the xr500 as well.....don’t do any funky things to the Gateway, just leave that as is......remember, it’s just passing your IP through it. All control is at xr500.