internet latency

Damien uk

Hi Net duma,I have a general question,i have bt internet 80 download 20 upload on games like ww2 battlefield bo4.and many others i feel a second behind even with my duma.i live in coventry is it my location maybe.I have bt coming out Wednesday.After they said my line had interference.but even before this fault  with 15 ping to a Warwickshire server on speedtest.I have always felt behind.what do u guys think is likely causing such poor quality latency.

8 hours ago, Damien uk said:

Hi Net duma,I have a general question,i have bt internet 80 download 20 upload on games like ww2 battlefield bo4.and many others i feel a second behind even with my duma.i live in coventry is it my location maybe.I have bt coming out Wednesday.After they said my line had interference.but even before this fault  with 15 ping to a Warwickshire server on speedtest.I have always felt behind.what do u guys think is likely causing such poor quality latency.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Having a low ping is not the only thing that matters in online gaming, there is also jitter which is what you are having and why BT are coming out to you. You also need to make sure you have the latest faceplate on your master socket and that your modem is not plugged into an extension socket either. Having an up to date master socket will eliminate the need for a filter if you are using 1 as it has it's own socket for connecting to the internet and a seperate one for the phone line.