Port 5000 not working on WIFI - XR500 Running V2.3.2.40

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Checking in to see where we're at? I'm now at the point that I can't continue to function in a partially broken state and either need a fix on the firmware side or will need to resort to purchasing something else. The promised VLAN support is the ONLY reason I purchased this router and I'm frustrated to say the least.

• 6 months later...

Hi,

A little late to the party but can confirm this issue have not been solved after more than a year since discovery

Recently switched to an ISP (Bell Canada Business Fibre to the Premise) that requires PPPoE plus VLAN 35 tagging to have WAN access. After enabling VLAN tagging I've lost WIFI to wired LAN connectivity. This includes but not limited to: remote desktop access, plex media server, local Windows file server, Apple time machine, etc. 

As others have mentioned, if only there is an option that tags WAN traffic alone... Now I am using an old switch that do the tagging. Very disappointed about this "bug" :(

• Administrators
8 hours ago, jackwyz22 said:

Hi,

A little late to the party but can confirm this issue have not been solved after more than a year since discovery

Recently switched to an ISP (Bell Canada Business Fibre to the Premise) that requires PPPoE plus VLAN 35 tagging to have WAN access. After enabling VLAN tagging I've lost WIFI to wired LAN connectivity. This includes but not limited to: remote desktop access, plex media server, local Windows file server, Apple time machine, etc. 

As others have mentioned, if only there is an option that tags WAN traffic alone... Now I am using an old switch that do the tagging. Very disappointed about this "bug" :(

Hey, welcome to the forum!

If you use By VLAN Tag group and edit the existing rule there for internet does that not work?