2.4 ghz Wifi extremely slow.

• Administrators

Disable QoS completely in Anti-Bufferbloat options, is it higher then?

When you were trying different channels did you use a WiFi app to find the least congested channels?

Are you using MU-MIMO & HT160 from advanced WiFi settings?

Yes, I used a Wifi app to find the least congested. I am using MU-MIMO and HT160. I turned off QOS and it brought the speed up from 16 to 54 :) is there anyway to use qos and still have speed.

Edited by steamblop

• Administrators
10 hours ago, steamblop said:

Seperate channels. I believe it has to do with the dns. On my Nintendo switch and Xbox both have errors saying cannot resolve dns and I have to restart the router each time I turn on both systems

Have you changed the default DNS to something else at all? Do you notice any slow downs over ethernet at all? Do you have any wireless devices (could be anything like wireless headphones for example) that are within 3 feet of the router? If so move these away as it could be interfering with the signal.

I fixed the dns issue. I don’t have anything interfering with the signal. It could be a channel issue. The max speed right now is 9mbps down and 27 up. Ethernet is fine, it hits up to 1gig. Only the 2.4 signal is having issues even being right next to the router.

That's strange. Could you try using a Wifi Analyzer app to see which channels are congested near you? The router should be able to figure that out by itself but perhaps a little manual intervention wouldn't hurt?