Geofilter not working

So I play fornite on Xbox one, my Internet is 400 download and 20 upload but my ping is around 40-50, sometimes I can get it lower but it won’t stay, I believe the issue is when I run geo filter it only connects to one server and the same one everytime, even if I block it. Every now and then a server will show but then go away. If with me living in NY I should have multiple servers to choose from but also no other players show on the map either, please help. Here is everything I have done so far,

Made my IP address static, added the device on geofilter, picked my location and set radius to multiple different lengths. Everytime I play fortnite there is only one icon, large server, when I play different game types like duos and squads I see different servers show but at no time can I leave from that one particular server. If I move it to outside my radius then it won’t even connect to matchmaking at all. The server that I’m connecting too is in Ohio. I have tried a hard restart on router and when I first loaded everything up it showed a few more icons but after that it was right back to the same, I have also tried to port forward the fortnight servers.

The problem with attempting to block a specific server is that there are usually lots of servers inside the same building. This means lots of unique servers with unique ID's will be in the same place on the map. The best way to block a server is to move the radius away from it, but of course if the server is close to you, this might be counter-intuitive.

Perhaps the best thing to do would be to put the filter into Spectating mode and watch the map as it tries to connect. It should connect you to the lowest ping server it can find, and then you can put the Geo-Filter around that server to block all others.

If 50ms is the best ping you're getting without any filters on at all, it might be another limitation causing problems. I'd recommend using PingPlotter on your PC to see if there's any hops in your connection that are especially slow.

I’ll try this as soon as possible to, I did find out from reading other posts the one server that kept popping up and disappearing was the match making one you guys say to not worry about. I did try shorten my geofilter radius to where that server was not located in and it did block it but then it would not connect to any other server and I would start a game of matchmaking, it would start to load as if I was jumping Into match and then it would kick me out and say I lost connection. And the server that was showing always had the same ID as well. I’ll be at work for the next 8 hours but will try that website and launch the game in spectating mode first to see if anything else shows up 

So I just got home finally and downloaded ping plotter, I am not sure how this will help. So if I run the ping plotter to the server that the geofilter keeps connecting me to the ping seems to be the same. Should I be using a different target in the ping plotter? Also I started up fortnite in spectating mode, I saw two icons, first the match making one and the second the server that keeps connecting. There was not even any player icons showing on the map. Here is everything I see. my in game ping matches that server but shouldn't I be seeing more and get to choose?ping1.thumb.PNG.43d0e4a091dd94f65faccc33a5d553b5.PNG

Update: So I tried playing another game, I booted up COD WW2 and I believe I saw exactly how it was suppose to work because multiple players and servers showed up on the map, the one server had a steady ping around 28ms, however when I went back to fortnite I only saw what's pictured above and that's all. I did run the ping plotter and that was my first time using every so I think I did it right and when I used those servers as targets it seemed like there were a few spots for packet loss but I'm curious why the system works properly on one game and not another? 

Regarding PingPlotter, I was going to suggest that you connect to somewhere that you know is nearby, like a local news website or something, or just Google, and see if there are any hops along the route that are really slow, adding more milliseconds to the ping.

The reason that the Geo-Filter sometimes doesn't work properly with certain games is due to how those games work in terms of networking. Battle royale games are paticuarily hard because so many people need to connect to the same server. We are always updating the Geo-Filter to ensure compatibility with newer games.

It might be that the only filtering that can be done with Fortnite is to select a server using the Geo-Filter.

last night I played around with the anti buffer and QoS a little more and it seemed that I was able to get my ping around 28ms -30ms with it every now and then jumping into 40 - 50 range, I will check the pingplotter now that I understand more what you were thinking, there maybe some other things at play to I found out with my modem I might try but I think it’s just what you said, I think fortnite has dedicated servers depending on your region and it’s prob to difficult for the system to pick up and show 100 people on the map nor would I want it to every time lol, I’ll keep you posted if I find anything else out, thanks for the help

• Administrators

On Fortnite you won't see players on the map as the game exclusively uses dedicated servers. Where CoD differs is that it usually connects you to players in the lobby and then switches to the server for the game and then you may or may not see all players on the map then.

Have you made sure as well in the Fortnite settings that you've selected the correct server region? Also the way Fortnite works is that it doesn't actually select the server until you're loading into the game which means that if the server is outside your radius then you'll get booted out.