Black Desert Online

Would like to see some server information be added to cloud, that way I can figure out what ones are closer and the least laggy, of course these are all dedicated but at least I can know what ones to avoid and real time data

Well I haven't played Black Desert Online but I would assume that if you start up the game with the Geo-Filter in Spectating Mode, you'll see servers appear all over the map, and they'll probably be the BDO servers. Then all you'd need to do is put your radius around the server that you like and set it to Filtering Mode.

If you can't get servers to appear on the map... If you're on PC try setting your PC as a console in Device Manager.

On 6/13/2019 at 6:11 AM, N3CR0 said:

That game any good? Looked similar to ESO to me.

very grindy asian mmo haha, i like it tbh. Theres something about it thats kept me hooked to it. Its very similar to ESO though, all open world.

On 6/20/2019 at 5:58 AM, Netduma Alex said:

I've been meaning to give it a go, especially now it's on consoles.

But I'm not sure I have the time for a grindy MMO...

I barely do either lol, I have one character specifically dedicated of AFK work to make money. I dont see servers upon booting up the game however. It would be nice to see what the servers ping is while actively playing it, since they dont offer in game ping on console version sadly. I assume their cluster of servers are all located in the same area as they don't really change, much like most pc style games

Well if you put the Geo-Filter on spectating mode you should be able to manually ping any servers that come up... Then you could label them, save them in the Allow list and ping them any time, LUXURY.

On 6/27/2019 at 10:20 AM, Netduma Alex said:

Well if you put the Geo-Filter on spectating mode you should be able to manually ping any servers that come up... Then you could label them, save them in the Allow list and ping them any time, LUXURY.

Well, I’ll check it out next time I boot the game up. Thing is they have different servers too. So they might call one type of world balenos and have balenos 1-2-3 and you can chat amongst all of those balenos servers via normal chat, but then if you want to cross over into posting to the whole “world” then you have to shout to the world with a specific item lol (you can get it free just from daily loyalty log in points or buy them). Essentially each “server” be it one two or three are all dynamically different. So a field boss could spawn on balenos 1 and not 2. But then there’s World bosses which cross among them all. 

• 2 months later...
On 7/1/2019 at 7:16 AM, Netduma Alex said:

Oh man MMOs are confusing

yeah somewhat. Is there never going to be support for Black Desert Online? Its not that i really need a "geo filter", but it would be lovely to see what my ping is when ive connected to a server. I dont think it shows what it is while connected or even booting the game up. Not sure why, most others do though.

Since we last spoke i've actually started playing Black Desert on PS4. It's really fun! ...although it's incredibly buggy. Still, I was an avid player of FFXIV 1.0 so it's fair to say i'm quite bug resistant!

As you say, there's not all that much utility in using Filtering mode with Black Desert since you can choose your server anyway, but I take your point about pinging servers in spectating mode so that you can choose the fastest one. I'll raise this with the devs to see what we can do.

On 9/12/2019 at 5:59 AM, Netduma Alex said:

Since we last spoke i've actually started playing Black Desert on PS4. It's really fun! ...although it's incredibly buggy. Still, I was an avid player of FFXIV 1.0 so it's fair to say i'm quite bug resistant!

As you say, there's not all that much utility in using Filtering mode with Black Desert since you can choose your server anyway, but I take your point about pinging servers in spectating mode so that you can choose the fastest one. I'll raise this with the devs to see what we can do.

Yes it finally released for ps4 players too! Though im sure were not likely to see a merging of servers of any kind sadly. Yea im sure it is buggy, it took a minute for them to work out kinks on xbox one, but now its fairly bug free for the most part. Yeah you can choose your server, so it doesnt really show you the ability to ping any of them. no matter if you boot the game, or if you click a server, no indictation of a server pops up on the map, unless i missed something. Im not sure if all these servers are located in the same place? Even if they are, it would be cool to know what your ping is while playing, since the game doesnt offer an in game ping like im sure pc has. That way when im playing i can know if when i start to lag if its the connection or frame rates, at this point its only guessing. im sure you could get really nifty and find a way to capture that connection info with a sniffing tool, but I didnt want to go through all that effort :))

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2019 at 6:51 AM, Netduma Alex said:

Well maybe in the future DumaOS will be able to go through that effort for you. I'll forward the idea to the devs.

Idk just feel like the netduma team is catering much more to certain games as apposed to all of them :/....kinda why i just stopped showing my face around thee forums anymore. You guys only care about big titles and thats it. Prove me wrong, because all i see the focus on is games like call of duty, or destiny, or even a stupid game like rocket league, so what gives? Ive honestly almost decided that at this point its almost not even worth using a netduma anymore because the support for it is kinda poor. 

Unfortunately the reality is that we have to focus on the games that more of our customers are playing. We tend to focus on big blockbuster multiplayer releases, and games that are requested often.

Some games will work with Geo-Filter without much configuration on our end, some games are tested and found incompatible, some games will work but only when certain settings on our end are changed.