Blink Home Security Cameras

Just installed new netgear xr500 router and now can not connect my Blink Home Security cameras. I just got this reply from BlinkHello Ben,

Thanks for reaching out to Blink and thanks for providing your sync module serial number. I was able to pull your account and it appears that while the sync module is able to see and connect to your wifi, it is unable to reach out of the network. This can can sometimes happen due to an aggressive firewall or parental controls setting on the router. I would suggest taking a look at these settings first.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

It sounds like you might need to do some port forwarding. You'll need to find out what ports the device uses and then you can follow this guide to input them in the router https://kb.netgear.com/24290/How-do-I-add-a-custom-port-forwarding-service-on-my-Nighthawk-router

Guest Killhippie
11 hours ago, ben_narramore said:

the Blink camera sync module is not named i have 7 un-named devices and cant figure what one is the blink cameras, im on the Blink boards asking the same questions...ugggg

Check the Mac addresses on your home devices and then you will find out which ones are your camera's by process of elimination. All devices pretty much have a menu structure where you type your Wi-Fi password in, they should display the Mac address. You could then use DHCP reservation to make sure each device has a  static IP and of course name all your devices by what they are, so you can always find your cameras.  :)   

Guest Killhippie
32 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Perhaps the camera or sync module will have it's mac address on a sticker somewhere on it?

It would be useful to know what all the devices are on your network if the user wants to ever adjust the QoS though, otherwise you have no idea what they are, also having a static IP with cameras is better for access remotely depending on what software it is connecting to as some camera allow you to use apps from the likes of SmartThings or IFTT as well as Alexa and other home hubs of course. The camera box though as you rightly pointed out should have the Mac address on, looking at my arlo cameras , they do. :)