Hybrid VPN critical defect

George

It seems that if there is a power failure (even a short voltage issue that might make the router simply restart) while Hybrid VPN is connected (to any VPN provider that is setup via the advanced ovpn configuration), then the whole R1 is almost bricked. It is becoming extremely sluggish, hybrid VPN tab is not loading at all, devices loose network connectivity and it can only be fixed via resetting the whole R1

Initially I tried to do a factory reset but it didn't work. Then I hit the router reset button and at some point I was able to see the hybrid VPN tab. I should state that even though there wasn't any VPN configured after the reset, the connect switch was set to on so I had to set it back to off manually. 

• Administrators

It's set to be enabled by default but it won't be if there are no details in and therefore shouldn't cause an issue. Did you have block traffic if VPN disconnects enabled by any chance when the issue happened?

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's set to be enabled by default but it won't be if there are no details in and therefore shouldn't cause an issue. Did you have block traffic if VPN disconnects enabled by any chance when the issue happened?

No I never enabled the block traffic option. Either way the hybrid VPN was also setup to be active only on one device. However after the power surge& router reboot, as I mentioned before the whole router was non-responsive. Interface took a lot of time to load, CPU utilisation was maxed up indefinitely, the hybrid VPN page (left panel where the connect/disconnect button is located) did not load at all etc. 

Also I forgot to point out that this is the second time this happens. First time I mistakenly powered off the router while VPN was still connected and now I got the same thing due to a power surge...

• 3 months later...
On 5/6/2019 at 9:33 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay thanks for the clarification/information. I will pass this on to the team to take a look at / reproduce.

Any news on this issue?