DHCP

Alix

Hi everyone Iam having a problem I have main router downstairs which is ASUS RT-AC51U router and a TP-LINK WPA4220 WiFi Powerline Adapter Kit - AV600, Twin Pack to get internet upstairs to my console. I have disabled dhcp on netduma r1 now cant log back into the router as I have disabled dhcp so I rested it and its fine. Iam trying to setup the netduma r1 like a extender not a router any idea how to set it up like this thanks 

• Netduma Staff

3 hours ago, Alix said:

Hi everyone Iam having a problem I have main router downstairs which is ASUS RT-AC51U router and a TP-LINK WPA4220 WiFi Powerline Adapter Kit - AV600, Twin Pack to get internet upstairs to my console. I have disabled dhcp on netduma r1 now cant log back into the router as I have disabled dhcp so I rested it and its fine. Iam trying to setup the netduma r1 like a extender not a router any idea how to set it up like this thanks 

I'm glad you reset it and managed to get back in. Don't ever disable DHCP for the reason you just found out :D

To set it up like an extender you'd basically just disable everything... If you're using DumaOS you can just disable QoS and the Geo-Filter. Maybe someone else will pitch in if they've tried to do this; I've never personally wanted to use an R1 in this way since it renders it useless. How come you don't want to just get another proper extender and use the features of the R1?