Flower Petals / Prioritization?

So since games take so little bandwidth and streaming / watching movies take much more......what’s the proper way to set device Prioritization (flower petals)? I ask, because on the knowledge base page, it seems to me that it’s saying to give the most bandwidth to more demanding devices, such as my WiFi router, since that’s what Netflix, etc is run off of. So since I have 3 devices connected (Xbox, WiFi router & laptop), does this mean I should drag the petals more towards the WiFi router? So instead of 33%, being equal, the router should be let’s say 70, which leaves my Xbox with 15% along with laptop?

I ask this because I usually hear that you want to make sure your Xbox has enough bandwidth over everything else, which seems contradictory to me. So should petals be more towards Xbox or to other devices?

Hope that made sense!

13 hours ago, CrossFitKila717 said:

So since games take so little bandwidth and streaming / watching movies take much more......what’s the proper way to set device Prioritization (flower petals)? I ask, because on the knowledge base page, it seems to me that it’s saying to give the most bandwidth to more demanding devices, such as my WiFi router, since that’s what Netflix, etc is run off of. So since I have 3 devices connected (Xbox, WiFi router & laptop), does this mean I should drag the petals more towards the WiFi router? So instead of 33%, being equal, the router should be let’s say 70, which leaves my Xbox with 15% along with laptop?

I ask this because I usually hear that you want to make sure your Xbox has enough bandwidth over everything else, which seems contradictory to me. So should petals be more towards Xbox or to other devices?

Hope that made sense!

I literally just leave it alone. Youd want at least 500kbits-1mbit on the upload side and the rest doesn't matter much. Its just crucial for you packets to have what it needs to get out there and that's it. But if you have fast enough speeds, youll find it wont make a difference. I know games do speed tests though and im not sure if that is relevant to getting better lobbies or not.

• Administrators

Give your gaming devices at least 1mbps, but ideally nearer 5mbps, then allocate everything else as you want. The main QoS tool to stop lag in gaming is Anti-Bufferbloat (Anti-flood). So if you have that setup then you should be fine.