XR500 speed drop and Network map reset

Over the past couple of weeks, I have noticed a significant loss in wireless speed throughout my house. I have powered down my router on a few occasions to try and resolve the issue and still no luck. I was looking at my network map on the device manager and notice that I have nearly 100 devices listed on it. It seems that nearly every time something comes and goes on the network it is identifying it as another device. For example, I have 8 XboxOnes and 6 XboxOne X's listed on my network map, yet I only have 1 of each in reality. Could the possibly be causing some of the network confusion? I also often get little to no wifi internet over my mobile devices anymore (cell phones mostly). My usual speed on the 2nd story of my home is in the ballpark of 200-215~Mbps, currently, I'm in the area of 50-80~ Mbps Just curious if someone has any insight into this issue, can I reset/clear my network map?

XR500

Firmware: V2.3.2.40

Screen_Shot_2019-04-12_at_11_35.00_PM.png

You have the common bug that has been reported for sometime.. There is no real fix atm.. The hopes are that the next firmware will resolve it.. Netduma will chime in to give you suggestions and things to try but it wont cure the issue.. It will show back up again regardless. If you do a hard reset it will cure the issue for a bit.. But it will come back..  Your speed drops are also tied with this.. Your network is thinking you have many devices on your network even though you don't.. There are things showing active when there isn't even a device on it.. Some have reported turning QoS off will help.. But QoS is one thing many bought this router for.. Good luck!

Zippy.

Op there is one thing you can try if you want to give it a go.. Downgrade back to firmware .32  that seems to help for some. But again that's not a guarantee.. Ive done that and on certain occasions I do get the same issues to pop up again.. But its not as bad.. Or as frequent.. Still my best advice would be to wait for the next firmware which hopefully will be somewhat soon..

Zippy.

• Administrators

I’d also recommend a factory reset to clear that network map, so it becomes more manageable. Guide here: https://kb.netgear.com/000053098/How-do-I-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-router

Guest Killhippie

Factory reset set up manually, dont use a back up, use the pin hole at the back, that seems to work better than using the GUI to do a factory reset tbh. Then sit back and hope there is a fix for the issues with milestone 1.3. Clearing your cache, and using a different browser won't help, its a bug without a fix sadly, its been around in a few previous versions but has got worse when 2.3.2.40 was released 4 months ago. You could try using DHCP reservation which gives each device its own IP, that should help and it's best to avoid rebooting the router as that just confuses QoS even more.