In game auto ping fluctuating

Travski06

Hey all

I've been playing around with ping plotter and can get my connection fairly stable but I noticed lately that the ping (auto ping host number) fluctuates quite rapidly. 14ms server will jump to 30 then back to 14. Definitely not consistent. I don't remember seeing this in the past. Should it jump around that much? Thanks for the help

• Administrators

If your local congestion is controlled and you can definitely rule that out as a factor then it's very likely either your base ping/the time of day you're playing or the server that you're on. See if playing at less popular times or forcing different servers gives you more stability.

• Netduma Staff
14 hours ago, Travski06 said:

Thanks @Netduma Fraser Adjusting the QOS doesn't seem to affect it. All of the servers I've tried bounce around a bit. I'll try some of your suggestions. 

I'd recommend running pingplotter with a different target URL. Twitter.com is a reliable one for this. That'll test out your line rather than the server itself - it's possible your line quality has changed which is reflected in your ping results on DumaOS.