Can't reach Netduma from my ISP router

Greetings,

So basically I have my home network set up like this: I have my main ISP router with the Netduma connected to it, and then I have another router in bridge mode with NAT disabled and everything in my room. When I am using the router in my room I can access the Netduma configuration page (192.168.88.1), but I just can't when I am using the ISP modem (talking about WiFi).

It just loads indefinitely until the connection times out. Why is that?

Thank you

• Administrators

You're not able to access the router interface when you're connected upstream from it, only when downstream i.e. connected to the router itself or another router behind it. 

You can enable access from WAN in Settings > Miscellaneous and then you should be able to access using your public IP assuming your ISP hub settings allow it. Put a interface login on the R1 if you decide to do this though. 

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

only when downstream i.e. connected to the router itself or another router behind it.

What do you mean? My ISP router is not considered "behind it"? I mean the Netduma is connected to it!

Could you try to explain this a little bit better? Thank you

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, Enrix said:

What do you mean? My ISP router is not considered "behind it"? I mean the Netduma is connected to it!

Could you try to explain this a little bit better? Thank you

Sure thing, apologies!

The ISP router is right at the forefront of your connection, without this you wouldn't have a connection. Anything then connected to the ISP router is then considered behind it/downstream if that makes sense. So for the R1 the ISP router is above it/upstream. So anything downstream can access anything upstream from it but if you're upstream you can't access what is downstream if that makes sense. This is why you're unable to connect to the R1 interface from the ISP hub as it is downstream.

if your R1 is behind your isp router then connect your laptop/pc via ethernet cable and get the ip address from the command prompt or login via the dumas wifi ssid and then get that ip address from the command prompt!

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Enrix said:

Interesting, thank you.

So what if someone only has the ISP router? How can he access the Netduma then?

You would need to be connected to the Netduma via wifi or ethernet or via the WAN method I mentioned.