Ok Netduma!

Dmaune

Yeah that's my base ping but i don't run a test before each time i play.  I just start low and work my way up.  

Didn't seem to matter what time it was before nor did it matter what my ping assist was set on as long as it was as low as i could go and still find a match.

Now none of it seems to matter and i didn't change any setting whatsoever 

I wouldn’t rely on Speedtest to factor your base ping, since every server is going to vary. Your actual base ping is going to be whatever hop it is where your modem meets your central office or whatever it might be for you. Also think of it this way, ping is a measurement TO and FROM that point. So if your first hop to your C/O is 20ms then its taking 10ms to get there and 10 back. Making your total ping. 

Another thing that factors in is the route your data takes. You might have a server right next to you and have a crappy route to it and higher ping even though physical distance is lower. You may however find that another server a little farther (not super far) pings loser because of routing. Typically it seems the game knows when this is the case because there are servers in New York (a 7hr drive from me) and down even further past that which would mostly likely double in real travel time, but in a virtual aspect it’s faster. It’s like driving on main roads versus hitting the highway. Which do you think is faster? Therefore for me taking a quick fiber highway route is much better than the backroads to new York lol. I just don’t use ping assist anymore, unless you’re going to place yourself in the ocean you might as well never use it. Otherwise it’s best to use a radius over a spread out area, the servers typically do a good job of trying to balance the game as best as possible (though not always) and that’s something you’ll have to figure out over time. What plays better which way. You can get a chance to ping each server as well and see how it works out for you. That’s how I figured out which worked for me. 

Good luck.