New XR700 Firmware Version v1.0.1.10

Takes forever to load or it freeze. I agree with Donovan. Same problem here. I to reset for 30 sec and still the same results I have to re-fresh browser for some of the things to load. reset twice no difference. 

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Donovan said:

The wizard setup doesn't work properly. Sometime it will run the whole wizard setup correctly and some other time it will run a broken wizard setup. It will not load some option page to let you choose during your initial setup like WAN Port Preference between Internet Port (1Gbps) or 10G LAN SFP+Port (10 Gbps), Checking Internet Speed, or the Firmware Update. Some page will become not responsive after your press the button next, it takes forever to load or it freeze..

23 minutes ago, AnnonymouS said:

Takes forever to load or it freeze. I agree with Donovan. Same problem here. I to reset for 30 sec and still the same results I have to re-fresh browser for some of the things to load. reset twice no difference. 

That's interesting, I've not seen that before. Have you noticed it more on the latest firmware compared to the older versions or has it been present all the way through?

Would either of you be able to record a small video of it happening at all?

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's interesting, I've not seen that before. Have you noticed it more on the latest firmware compared to the older versions or has it been present all the way through? 

It's present from XR700-V1.0.0.20V1 to the lastest Public and Beta Firmware. The setup Wizard is not working properly and it's worst if you set your Wan Port Preference to 10G LAN SFP+Port (10 Gbps) by using a Netgear AGM734-10000S module to get your ISP connection.

I used Opera to setup my XR700. Have not noticed any setup wizard issues thus far. Even on Beta FW. IF course I'm setting up my router manually as well. When I do need to reset the XR700, i'm pressing the back reset button for 15 seconds only. Nothing beyond that. The reset button is working since the wifi LEDs come back on after I have disabled them initially. Hoping the UI performance can be improved though. Seems slow when navigating areas of the UI. 

I'll try a factory reset and setup the router and walk thru the Wizard and see what happens. 

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, Donovan said:

It's present from XR700-V1.0.0.20V1 to the lastest Public and Beta Firmware. The setup Wizard is not working properly and it's worst if you set your Wan Port Preference to 10G LAN SFP+Port (10 Gbps) by using a Netgear AGM734-10000S module to get your ISP connection.

As Alex was unable to reproduce it so far would you be able to provide a video of it happening at all? Does it happen every single time or is it random?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Does it happen every single time or is it random? 

It happen randomly.

I noticed another issue after setup Wizard with the Wan Port Preference to 10G LAN SFP+Port (10 Gbps) first and If you decide to switch back by unplugging the RJ45 cable from SFP+ Port and you plug it into the WAN Port,  then I go to Setting -> Internet Setup -> Select Internet Port (1Gbps) and click "Apply", It reload the page with an "Error: Unable to establish an Internet connection." in red. You won't have any information filled in Internet IP Address and Domain Name Server (DNS) Address.

I tried to Reboot and I can't obtain both of them the Dynamically from ISP or the Automatically from ISP are blank. You can only switch from SFP+ Port to WAN Port by redoing the setup Wizard, then your "Status: Connected to Internet" in blue will come back with the Internet IP Address and DNS will obtain automatically but sometime I saw this page "Problem Detecting the Internet Connection" (see the attachment) during the setup.

On the other hand if you setup with Wan Port Preference to Internet Port (1 Gbps) first,  you decide to switch back to the SFP+ Port by unplugging the RJ45 cable from WAN Port and you plug it into the SFP+ Port,  then I go to Setting -> Internet Setup -> Select 10G LAN SFP+Port (10 Gbps) and click "Apply", It will reload the page with a "Status: Connected to Internet" in blue . You will have your Internet IP Address filled and Domain Name Server (DNS) Address filled. Sometime you will need to do a reboot to get the "Status: Connected to Internet" in blue and Internet IP Address and DNS will obtain automatically. From there, you can switch back in forward between WAN Port to SFP+ Port or SFP+ Port to WAN Port without the need to do a factory reset.

AN Port Preference
Internet Port (1 Gbps)

Problem Decting the Internet Connection.PNG

40 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay thanks, roughly how many times out of 10 would you see the wizard performing weirdly?

Sometime it happens back to back and some other time it shows all the steps correctly. I didn't test intensively with the same firmware to see how many time it could occurs on 10 time. Sorry can give you a correct answer for now. I saw a lot loading page of:

"400 Bad Request

This server does not support the operation requested by your client."

If you refresh your browser, it will go back few step page behind from where you are in the setup Wizard. For example, you are at the page 5 and you get the "400" Bad Request, you will refresh your browser and it could bring you back 1 or many pages behind, or even restart the whole setup.

40 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Does it work if you change the option first before unplugging the cable and switching ports?

Nope you can't, it will display this "Error: The cable is not connected to the port. "in red

52 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay thanks, roughly how many times out of 10 would you see the wizard performing weirdly?

Does it work if you change the option first before unplugging the cable and switching ports?

I have done this maybe 10 times, and still the same problem. this is been going on for sometime. I have been playing without it, just been waiting for the next update hoping this would be fixed.  

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay thank you both for the information, we weren't aware of this as it hasn't appeared in our testing. I've let the team know so hopefully they can reproduce it.

Thanks Brother

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay thank you both for the information, we weren't aware of this as it hasn't appeared in our testing. I've let the team know so hopefully they can reproduce it.

The User Interface in XR700-V1.0.0.20  was really fast to load but not the in latest Public and Beta Firmware. It's not normal that after each firmware version release is getting slower and slower..

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, Donovan said:

The User Interface in XR700-V1.0.0.20  was really fast to load but not the in latest Public and Beta Firmware. It's not normal that after each firmware version release is getting slower and slower..

We're aware of it being slower in the newer version I believe that may be fixed in the next version but don't hold me to that.

Fraser, 

I saw another bug when I downgraded from the latest firmware to the shipping firmware v1.0.0.20 and I did a factory reset, the setup wizard at the "Set Up Your WiFi" page doesn't displayed the default SSID and default Password that is writing on sticker of the XR700. Instead it displayed my personal SSID and my personal Password that I have chosen from the previous factory reset from the latest firmware.

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Donovan said:

Fraser, 

I saw another bug when I downgraded from the latest firmware to the shipping firmware v1.0.0.20 and I did a factory reset, the setup wizard at the "Set Up Your WiFi" page doesn't displayed the default SSID and default Password that is writing on sticker of the XR700. Instead it displayed my personal SSID and my personal Password that I have chosen from the previous factory reset from the latest firmware.

Is this showing on the old firmware or on the new firmware? - If old then nothing to be concerned about.

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 3:52 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Is this showing on the old firmware or on the new firmware? - If old then nothing to be concerned about.

My personal Wifi SSID and personal Password are not reset during the setup Wizard in the latest public firmware and the new beta firmware.

I used Opera to set up my XR700 and WiFi was reset on mine. I'll check again though to be sure. Navigation and display of the various menus appeared with out any problems and displayed correctly for me. New beta seems a bit more snappier than before. Seems like that's getting better. WAN to LAN speeds are still no where near 900Mbps though. ☹️

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, Donovan said:

I was on Chrome Incognito window.

Does it happen when factory resetting via the interface and using the reset button at the back of the router?

32 minutes ago, e38BimmerFN said:

I used Opera to set up my XR700 and WiFi was reset on mine. I'll check again though to be sure. Navigation and display of the various menus appeared with out any problems and displayed correctly for me. New beta seems a bit more snappier than before. Seems like that's getting better. WAN to LAN speeds are still no where near 900Mbps though. ☹️

I'm sure they will continue to work on the speeds, glad to hear it is snappier.

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Does it happen when factory resetting via the interface and using the reset button at the back of the router? 

Factory reset with the "Erase button" on the WAN Port-to-LAN setup Wizard:

• It happens with the interface not responding with Chrome and I have to refresh the browser.
  • Sometime I refresh the browser, it open 1 or 2 incognito windows in the tab. 

Factory reset with the "Erase Button or Reset Button" on the SFP+ Port-to-LAN setup Wizard:

• The button on the initial setup is not responsive when you click on next.
  • I get sometime weird code on the page.
  • Problem Detecting the Internet Connection.

Wrong Text.PNG

Problem Detecting the Internet Connection.PNG

29 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I'm sure they will continue to work on the speeds, glad to hear it is snappier.

It feels snappier!

1 hour ago, e38BimmerFN said:

WAN to LAN speeds are still no where near 900Mbps though. ☹️

It's not only the WAN Port-to-LAN but also on the SFP+ Port-to-LAN. You can no longer get the 1Gbps but a slower speed around 650Mbps.

Ya still seeing slow WAN To LAN speeds. Starts out at 500Mbps then slows to 300's. This is also causing my test pc to become sluggish when the test is in progress. Never seen this before with other routers. I tested my XR450 yesterday as well again and it doesn't cause this issue on the PC and results are 900Mpbs +-.