Use Netgear as main router?

SturmButcher

Hello guys, I have been using the xr500 as main router(without isp modem) and it works, is this a problem in this configuration? What are the benefits of using the isp router in modem mode? My isp reach my home using fiber to a box converter and then the rj45 comes out. It's just plug and play.

• Netduma Staff
46 minutes ago, SturmButcher said:

Hello guys, I have been using the xr500 as main router(without isp modem) and it works, is this a problem in this configuration? What are the benefits of using the isp router in modem mode? My isp reach my home using fiber to a box converter and then the rj45 comes out. It's just plug and play.

That seems fine. There's no disadvantage if you have Internet access and everything is up and running; you've got a converter handling it for the XR500, usually it wouldn't be able to act as a modem (and technically it still isn't). It should be fine the way you have it set up :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 4/5/2019 at 12:32 PM, jenifer04 said:

I also have the same question which is mentioned in above, I also tried to setup Netgear as the main router but I can't set up it properly so it shows an error  iTunes sync error 54, so I want a proper instruction how to set up it properly also want a solution how to remove this error.

Hello, welcome to the forum!

Looking at the error you posted it doesn't appear to be a networking issue. How have you got the router setup with your ISP hub?