Random drop and reboots again

So yet again my random reboots stopped for a couple months and now are getting worse by the day.  Any new advice, sorry If there’s other posts, but I’ve honestly spent about a hundred hours trying to troubleshoot and try different firmware across both forums and gotten nowhere.  Love netduma os, but this router is junk and it’s driving me nuts.  It’s been fixed 10 times then eventually just started again without rhyme or reason, close to throwing in the towel and trying another brand aside from shatgear.  R1 and netdumas software is amazing, but sold it during one of these fixed times and that was the dumbest move I’ve made all year. Any new beta firmware or voodoo to try on this damn thing.  XR500 btw, any chance duma os will make it onto any other companies devices any time soon?  

Sorry I hate to be so negative, but the time I’ve put into a simple router since release is mind blowing at this point.  

• Administrators

No new firmware to try unfortunately at the moment. I doubt that the reboots would be to do with the firmware. It seems more like a hardware issue. Apologies if I've suggested before but make sure the router is plugged directly into a wall outlet not an extender. Are you using the original power adapter it came with?

27 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No new firmware to try unfortunately at the moment. I doubt that the reboots would be to do with the firmware. It seems more like a hardware issue. Apologies if I've suggested before but make sure the router is plugged directly into a wall outlet not an extender. Are you using the original power adapter it came with?

I can attest to what Fraser is saying. When I first ever had my gaming setup, I never would have thought once about plugging everything into a power strip. I called my ISP after having multiple drops and they asked me if I had my devices on a strip, of course I did! By removing them from a power strip and dedicating them their own power supply, things changed right away. Never again will I plug networking devices onto a power strip after going through that struggle.

That’s about the only thing I haven’t tried yet so thanks to both of you.  I’ll give it a go which could be interesting cause the clowns who built my house definitely weren’t thinking about future anything.  Normally that would have been understandable cause it’s older if not for all the other things they fd up royally. I’ll try it and report back either way, thanks again. Fingers crossed and yes it’s on the OG wall adapter.