Xbox losing connection constantly

I bought the xr500 router a month or so ago and hasn’t given me any trouble since this past week.  Only thing that has changed is the relocation of my Xbox which resulted in me using a longer Ethernet cord, same settings on Xbox and router.  I constantly lose connection to the Xbox daily and have to reboot router to get connected.  Constant NAT issues before and after reboot, party chat disconnections. Xbox will be on and not be “online” on the devices list.  Also wireless devices lose connection randomly throughout the day also.  Things I have tried with no result so far:

reboot to factory presets and re set up router 

xbox in dmz to fix NAT

port forwarding for BO4 game 

change Xbox power save settings

reserved ip for Xbox

last night I unplugged the LAN cable and ran it wireless and it worked fine and was able to connect to party chat, albeit with a moderate NAT still....since having the router I’ve always had an open NAT

xbox network settings always says “looking for info” when checking for NAT and when I “test NaT type” it says I have to set up connection, along with “can’t get teredeo IP address”

also got a few error messages last night on the router when trying to reboot

”netgear SOAP RPC call failed” and “missing JSON response”????

im at a loss for words on what to do next 

thanks 

C46C6584-507E-4EDE-8019-270C1EF08C38.jpeg

2A0BDD57-95F3-4CC8-A978-23B1F17256C7.jpeg

53DBC963-B1A4-4B01-82D1-018A16BD0499.jpeg

15CD59F1-1565-4DE8-9A8F-5E72509A2BDB.jpeg

0C36C621-A1E2-49CE-92CC-3EF5B8601661.jpeg

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

It seems very strange that all these issues would arise from just using a longer ethernet cable. Are you certain nothing else happened when you were doing this? Such as connecting the router to a power extender/turning off/factory resetting? Whats your exact physical setup? Are you accessing the interface through a PC and if so what browser?

That’s the only thing I changed, location of my Xbox which required a longer cable...I factory reset it after I was having all of these issues and set it up the exact same as I had before re locating Xbox...I’m accessing the interface through my Mac on chrome and safari, not sure what that has to do with me losing connectivity to my Xbox and wireless devices randomly. 

• Administrators

What is your physical setup? I.e. modem/router > XR500 > all devices

That question was for the error messages but after re-reading, those errors are fine, they occurred after you clicked reboot when you no longer had a connection to the router so it threw up some errors. Don't use the Instant On mode on the Xbox, it's been found to cause disconnection issues with itself and other devices also. 

Are you using the Geo-Filter? If so disable it do you get a NAT reading then?

Xr500 is the only thing connected to my network, I have fiber connection coming into my house and an Ethernet cable from that going right to the xr500, I turned instant on to off yesterday (didn’t have this problem before while that was on), yes I’m using geo filter but doesn’t that have to do with the actual game rather than the Xbox itself?  If I turn that off what’s the point of having the geo filter?

• Administrators

So you have an ONT then or just an ethernet cable from the wall? So you have no interface to access above the XR500? 

The issues you've mentioned line up with the Instant On mode, you may not have had the issue but it may have started. 

If the Geo-Filter is blocking the router NAT status then that's something we need to know. I am only getting you to turn it off for to check the issue not permanently.

So I just turned power on to Xbox and NAT type was showing “looking for NaT”. Removed Xbox from geo filter, restarted Xbox and it then said nat type “open”

Put Xbox back into geofilter and checked network settings again and Says “getting info” again 

Looking at my logs, I see a ton of duma is lease change/new event, upnp set event:add nat rule/del nat rule and a ton of LAN access from remote from ip addresses to my Xbox when I’m not playing a game...

• Netduma Staff
9 hours ago, Derek2626 said:

Put Xbox back into geofilter and checked network settings again and Says “getting info” again 

This seems like the crux of the issue then. If you add your Xbox to the Geo-Filter but set it to Spectating Mode and reboot your Xbox, do you get an open NAT? What about if you then enable Filtering Mode?

The Geo-Filter causing issues like this is usually caused by a background server being blocked when it shouldn't be. I'll pass this to a developer just to check what the error messages you're receiving are. Do you see anything getting blocked on the Geo-Filter when you're booting up your Xbox?

• Netduma Staff
51 minutes ago, Derek2626 said:

I’m not exactly sure what to look for to determine if something is blocked on the geo filter...could you explain thanks!  Still curious of why it just started happening randomly 

Basically when you boot up the Xbox (while it's added to the Geo-Filter) do you see any triangles on the map, indicating things getting blocked? Maybe screenshot the Geo-Filter map when you're booting up the console?

How do I do that haha

I don’t know why I’d be connecting to that one anyway, it’s way out of my radius and I’m in the United States 

Another one came up in California too, they disappear pretty quickly after I click on them, but here is the infor on both

23139386-2466-4921-A9BD-019BD975DFE8.jpeg

8039B557-78DC-4F13-A235-A46CB3F98F46.jpeg

C2EF6504-1C02-4828-869F-8AB30CEE2D72.jpeg