DumaOS & Party Chat Disconnect

TODDzillaInLA

So this is starting to happen more and more often. if i join a party or if i start my own party. today when i came home from work i got on. opened black ops4 it was set to moderate nat. i restarted the r1 restart bo4 then it was open nat. started a party chat everything was fine. invited a couple friends that was already on my allowed list then as soon as the first one joined my party chat crashed. i had to close it re allow them then restart the party for them to connect

If i join someone's party it will show me in it then show me disconnected with that error message. i have to exit the party then re allow the people that is in that party then connect back

i have to do this a couple times a night

IMG_0660.thumb.jpg.858d35a10fad9f0a7f9e7ff138f8d331.jpg

• Netduma Staff

Sounds like it could be problems with a dynamic IP address. Give your Xbox a static IP with DHCP and set the lease time to as high as you can set it.

You could also try manually port forwarding for BO4. Also make sure your friends IP addresses aren't changing all the time, since if they don't have static IP's if you 'Allow' one of them and their IP changes you'll just have to allow them again!

its had a static ip since i had a xbox 360 lol. ill check the lease time when i get home think its set to 1hr by default

i have tried both port forwarding and upnp. looks like upnp never disables tho since ports still show up in there

i check there ip's all the time since this has been a on going issue just to see if anything changes on there side and it does not. i go to the exstent of actually removing there from the allowed list and re entering them as new and the id and ip still the same

and my main team i pay with every night they all have static ip's

• Administrators

When it happens, is there anything else that shows on the Geo-Filter? Check the NAT Status when it happens again, has it switched back to moderate? If you boot up the game with Spectating Mode on first then once you've hit the menu switch to Filtering, wait 2 minutes then try does it work correctly?

i put the port forwarding back and it seems to have fixed the party chat issue but getting people to join the game i have to hit the allow button on them even if they are already allowed. in game and xbox network settings stay open nat to i shut off my xbox for a while and turn it black on then xbox network settings is open nat but black ops 4 is moderate 

• Netduma Staff
3 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

i put the port forwarding back and it seems to have fixed the party chat issue but getting people to join the game i have to hit the allow button on them even if they are already allowed. in game and xbox network settings stay open nat to i shut off my xbox for a while and turn it black on then xbox network settings is open nat but black ops 4 is moderate 

Awesome, I'm glad the party chat thing seems to have been solved. Now for the rest! So Black Ops 4 being Moderate NAT shouldn't actually matter - it'll most likely be a false reading caused by the Geo-Filter. If it doesn't take a longer amount of time to find a game and the games are still high quality, you likely have an open NAT in reality despite what the game is displaying.

What happens if you don't hit the allow button? They just aren't able to join ever? Does their ID keep changing (i.e how are you certain that you're allowing the same person every time? Are you doing it in a private game or?)

when its moderate it takes for ever to find a game. waiting in a lobby search for over 30 min and then when it finds one the game will drop me back to the main menu and friends cant join me when im moderate. when its open and i hit allow i can connect quick and find games with in seconds unless i try to use the duma to find me the best connection lobbies then sometimes it will take 5 min maybe for it to fill up

if i dont allow them they keep getting a error not able to join lobby and if they can join and i dont allow them as soon as we get in a lobby it will kick us back to the main screen