VPN streaming issue

I watch live streaming sports on my PC using an installed VPN.  Since using the XR500 I have had issues connecting to/maintaining a stream.  I finally found a slightly inconvenient workaround by leaving the PC VPN down, logging into DumaOS and enabling the Hybrid VPN (same VPN provider and account in use).  Works perfectly, so clearly the VPN stream from the PC is not surviving the trip through the router.  Is there an easier fix that I've missed or not seen on these forums?

This took extensive testing as not all streams behave the same way!

Yes, I can use the VPN client on the PC with QOS disabled.

Either way, disabling QOS or running VPN Hybrid is somewhat inconvenient.  In fact the Hybrid option is poor because there is then no option to change the VPN specified server in the event of congestion or other issues without editing and manipulating the loaded config file.  Not a huge issue overall, just a minor pita.....

Thanks for the response.

• Netduma Staff
23 hours ago, cyberswine said:

This took extensive testing as not all streams behave the same way!

Yes, I can use the VPN client on the PC with QOS disabled.

Either way, disabling QOS or running VPN Hybrid is somewhat inconvenient.  In fact the Hybrid option is poor because there is then no option to change the VPN specified server in the event of congestion or other issues without editing and manipulating the loaded config file.  Not a huge issue overall, just a minor pita.....

Thanks for the response.

Thanks for letting us know either way, seems like maybe DumaOS doesn't like VPN's unless they're running through Hybrid VPN. I can't imagine this will be the case forever - hopefully someday it'll be easier to change the specified server on Hybrid VPN so it's less inconvenient :)