XR700 periodic WAN disconnects

Here to report same issue occurring for me with v1.0.1.2 and v1.0.1.8 firmwares.  Both exhibit periodic dropping of WAN side connection, typically every 5-10mins.  No lights change color, from outside view unit is working fine to the eye.  Monitor shows WAN restarting every 5-10mins, drops and restarts in about 3-5 secs.  Symptoms are seeing dropped packets, experiencing period of delayed/no response to outbound commands, severe lag or being dropped from games , etc.... as you would expect for this type of operational issue.

v1.0.0.20 does not exhibit same issue.  WAN connections remains solid over weeks + of usage.  Monitor shows no dropping of WAN connection. With issue repeating across multiple newer firmware releases I have now requested to a ticket with netgear asking help to address my dysfunctional router behavior.   No response received in past 48hrs.

Would appreciate any confirmed resolution help ... tried everything I can think of including erasing settings, fresh downloads, run with settings default, run with minimized functionality, etc, etc... even standing on one leg, with hand over one eye, muttering good luck charms as you hit download button did not make any noticeable difference.  (just kidding on this latter part!)

Micbot-"I think I've found a temporary fix to the WAN disconnection by using the 10G LAN SFP+ port for the Internet connection. It's been stable for 2 hours and everything looks good so far. No interruptions while playing games or browsing the web. I looked everywhere online to see if someone has tried this but I didn't find anything.This could be a solution until NETGEAR comes out with an update to fix it. I will keep everyone updated if it stays stable or not."

• Administrators

Netgear are aware of the issue and actively looking into it. The known workarounds at the moment are:

1. Suggestion above from Micbot
  2. Staying on the 1.0.0.20 firmware as you mentioned
  3. https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/XR700-Periodic-WAN-disconnects-still-on-latest-v1-0-1-8/m-p/1689265/highlight/true#M7139 this suggestion regarding IPv6