bandwidth allocation keeps changing

My set values for throttling a xbox one x keep changing on XR500. Also upload seems to do whatever the hell it wants. I need 6mbps down and 3mbps up. Can't seem to get it to stick. Download I get very close but upload still pulls 3 times my set value in bandwidth. Any ideas?

• Administrators

As share excess is enabled it's taking bandwidth from devices that don't need it as a speed test will go as fast as it can. You could disable share excess to limit it only to what you want but would limit other devices to their allocations as well. I wouldn't recommend doing that though.

I disabled it but it re-enabled on it's own? Maybe I'm missing something but shouldn't you be able to set exact numbers for bandwidth on the pop up menu on the right that comes up when you click on the device in bandwidth allocation? Do the sliders effect what I've set if I haven't moved them? I mean it let's me set them but then they change on their own once I recheck. Are there any other settings that would overwrite what I set?

• Administrators

The tick boxes are based on your browser cookies so are you changing the settings in an incognito browser or a browser with cookies blocked? Yes you can do that but you can't lock the bandwidth, it will change depending on if more devices are added as they'll all need to add up to 100%. You don't have QoS completely enabled in Anti-Bufferbloat settings do you?

Sorry took so long getting back. Been tinkering some more and it seems unless I use the up and down arrows in the ui to change the value they won't stay exactly the same. If I type them in manually then save they will be different later. A bug maybe???