Hybrid VPN not there after new update

Hello there,

Today I updated my XR500 to the newest version of firmware. It was auto updated but I uploaded and updated anyway. I did a factory reset and cleared the browser cache after installation. After the update, the firmware version showed V2.3.2.40, but everything is still the same. I reupdated the device again and nothing has changed so far. Your insights into my problem would be very helpful. Thanks!

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I believe I responded to you in another topic but for China it's been removed as there is a specific Chinese VPN for you to use in the Settings page

Thanks for the reply Fraser!

Where am I supposed to find the option you mentioned in the other post? Everything in my router options is the same as before.

Also, for the Chinese version of the router, are the limitations software or hardware? Is there a work around for me to use the hybrid VPN?

• Administrators

Unfortunately it's a regulation for China so there's no option to use Hybrid VPN in China.

On the left-hand side, there should be an option for Fungsq VPN (I can't remember how to spell it). Think it has an 'F' logo or the logo of a game's console.

3 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Unfortunately it's a regulation for China so there's no option to use Hybrid VPN in China.

On the left-hand side, there should be an option for Fungsq VPN (I can't remember how to spell it). Think it has an 'F' logo or the logo of a game's console.

It's available when the client is switched to Chinese, but the service only works for games, all other functions of a VPN are disabled. This is completely different from a VPN. I hope this whole thing is software based, so those who want the functionality can fix it with some elbow grease.

• Administrators

I believe that's the only 'VPN' that Netgear can provide as Funjsq is the only VPN sanctioned in China for purely game use. It is software based but there is nothing Netgear can do as they have to adhere to the regulations.

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I believe that's the only 'VPN' that Netgear can provide as Funjsq is the only VPN sanctioned in China for purely game use. It is software based but there is nothing Netgear can do as they have to adhere to the regulations.

So theoretically, if a foreign version of software can be flashed on to the device somehow, it'll be able to bypass the sanction?