I cant see host ping speed

Hollidayone

I'm using the latest firmware in the beta for the R1. My ISP is ATT fiber, my connection is as follows. BGW210 gateway in passthrough mode>asus rt-ac88u>R1. I have everything configured and working great, the R1 is in the asus DMZ and only my PS4 pro is connected to the R1. When in geo filter and auto piging host on BO4, I see the tick rates send rates etc and they run on the graph but I don't see the ping speeds, there is no red bar on graph or speed listed next to ping? Is there a setting Im missing or something to do with the fact Im behind another router? Im not interested in the congestion control feature as I have fiber, I only want to use the geo filter and see the ping speeds. Thanks.

• Netduma Staff

Hi, welcome to the forum! So how are you accessing the interface on the Asus subnet? i.e what are you typing into the URL? It looks like you've found the cause though I'm unsure about why it'd be the case. Are you happy just accessing DumaOS using the standard IP address or was there a reason you wanted to access it in a different way?

I’m accessing it via the static ip I assigned it on my ASUS router. I enabled the access interface by wan in the misc settings on the traditional dumaOs before testing the beta. I’m ok accessing it from the traditional up but prefer accessing it within the ASUS because I have all my other devices on my ASUS. I’d prefer not having 2 wireless signals in my home because of interference of the signals. My options are 2 wireless signals, running another cat6 cable to my basement strictly from the duma to another pc to access the interface or add a switch to the line that’s already been ran to my basement. Other than that all is good bufferblloat is an A and I have open NAT in game.

• Administrators

Okay well thats the issue, you're trying to use a feature from the previous firmware thats not yet been implemented/optimised for DumaOS so we can't tell how it might behave/give proper support on it. Could you do gateway > R1 > Asus (AP mode) instead?

I could but prefer not to do so. The ASUS has a great built in print server among other features that the R1 just doesn’t have. I could get all of those in the XR700 for sure but I’m not ready to shell out 5 bills for a new router. I’ll just run another cat 6 cable out of the R1 for now. Or move the R1 to my basement away from the ASUS and use it’s wifi. Which would you suggest? 

• Administrators

You could not put the Asus in AP mode and still get the print server. Otherwise it's really just what is easier for you, if you don't think there will be much WiFi interference you could do the latter, just keep in mind the R1 WiFi won't be as strong as the Asus.