massive connection with speed reduction

dddyfz2704

I recently received my netduma and im having an issue I hope someone can help me with.  My setup is as follows... My isp router/modem connected to my netduma by an ethernet cable, then another ethernet cable from my netduma to ps4.  When i run a speedtest (speedtest.net) i get 18 down and 3 up at best (same speed when test my connection through the ps4), however when i run a speedtest without using my netduma and use my comcast wifi i get 75-90 down and 12 up.. And when i get the speed i do on the netduma, my comcast router/modem is in bridge mode.  Any suggestions on my im getting the massive reduction in speed? Current version on my netduma is 1.03.4.  Thanks 

I recently received my netduma and im having an issue I hope someone can help me with.  My setup is as follows... My isp router/modem connected to my netduma by an ethernet cable, then another ethernet cable from my netduma to ps4.  When i run a speedtest (speedtest.net) i get 18 down and 3 up at best (same speed when test my connection through the ps4), however when i run a speedtest without using my netduma and use my comcast wifi i get 75-90 down and 12 up.. And when i get the speed i do on the netduma, my comcast router/modem is in bridge mode.  Any suggestions on my im getting the massive reduction in speed? Current version on my netduma is 1.03.4.  Thanks 

Hi dddy, 

just a couple things to check - make sure you go into congestion control and set your bandwidth for what you pay for (example 105 down, 12 up).    Then make sure both the download and upload cap bars are at 100% then reset your distribution.  Hopefully that will solve your problem and you'll see the speeds you should be getting.  

I also just found this posted by Iain in the answer bank -

The default anti-flood algorithm is preemptive and it has a max speed of 60mbits. If you have a faster connection select "Congestion Control" on the left. Then under the "Anti-flood" section, please select reactive. This will take you up to 100-120mbits advertised. 

I have encountered the same thing, i unplugged everything to find out more about how the game plays online, since putting the R1 back on it has since made everything go down in speeds, i actually got better gameplay without the R1, as of now i will now disconnect it and not bother for a while, as gaming online is something i enjoy doing its no fun when everything just dont work  as you hope it would,

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.  After trying the suggestions i have manged to get my speeds up but now have another issue.  my NAT type of ps4 is type two but not when i try to join friends in party chat it wont let me talk to any of them because of nat issues.  This has never been a problem for me, even when i first hooked up my netduma it let me talk to anyone in party chat without issues... Any input?

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.  After trying the suggestions i have manged to get my speeds up but now have another issue.  my NAT type of ps4 is type two but not when i try to join friends in party chat it wont let me talk to any of them because of nat issues.  This has never been a problem for me, even when i first hooked up my netduma it let me talk to anyone in party chat without issues... Any input?

I had this issue when playing a few games with forum member, Lyncho84.

We tried a resetting our routers, PS4's, switching lobby leaders etc...

It turned out that I was in his deny list from a previous lobby (before I had the R1) and that was stopping me from joining his party.

Maybe this is also happening to you too?

• Administrators

I have encountered the same thing, i unplugged everything to find out more about how the game plays online, since putting the R1 back on it has since made everything go down in speeds, i actually got better gameplay without the R1, as of now i will now disconnect it and not bother for a while, as gaming online is something i enjoy doing its no fun when everything just dont work  as you hope it would,

Have you followed the steps in our optimal settings guide?

As well as what quick and Zennon have said, make sure your Geo-filter radius isn't excluding them as you won't be able to talk or play with them. Make sure you add them to the allow list :)

Archived