[Feature Request] Wifi password mask/unmask option

wifi password shown in plain view ??  (not very secure that , is it ?)

ie. Wifi / Guest wifi Password : (mask/unmask) Feature ?

Can Devs please implement this into the next issue of firmware - the plain text view of the wifi passwords needs to be "masked" so that they do not immediately appear on the System Information screen and Wifi Setup screen ?

i dont think i need to explain why.....

thanks

• Netduma Staff

Hi xlr - thanks for the feature request :)

I'm interested in the application of this... Are you worried that someone could look over your shoulder and see the WiFi password if you're on DumaOS? Does such a thing ever happen, where someone you distrust can potentially look over your shoulder while you're logged on to your home router? Would you mind if they used your WiFi if they're already in your house?

Or maybe you'd like this for streaming purposes or something? Either way, curious to know how you would find this useful as it can help to build the case for why this feature should be developed :)

Maybe implement a simply streamer mode, just like discord has. That we could easily tick an option on the top right corner of every page that would hide your public IP, MAC addresses, and any passwords. Because I would love to have that feature because I stream, and constantly show my desktop.