Regarding GEO-FILTER on XR500 for Gears of War 4

I've been having issues where I am filtering outside of my bubble. The problem is it still tries to connect me to a server from Texas, I live in California, it will connect me and back out to main menu. But what I'm trying ot figure out is, I know I have Dedicated servers in California, but they won't really try to connect to one unless I try over and over to search a game until I ping to one in CA, is there another method so I don't have to do this every time? Thank you.

• Netduma Staff
9 hours ago, xBuTcHeRx said:

I've been having issues where I am filtering outside of my bubble. The problem is it still tries to connect me to a server from Texas, I live in California, it will connect me and back out to main menu. But what I'm trying ot figure out is, I know I have Dedicated servers in California, but they won't really try to connect to one unless I try over and over to search a game until I ping to one in CA, is there another method so I don't have to do this every time? Thank you.

Hi, welcome to the forum! Gears of War 4 is an interesting one, I haven't tested it myself but I'll do my best. First off have you flushed your cloud lately? To do that, follow the steps below:

1. Go to your Geo-Filter
  2. Open the Geo-Filter Map Options (click the three horizontal lines in the top left of the panel)
  3. Click 'Flush Cloud'
  4. Wait about 30 seconds - 45 second for the Flush to complete. Don't worry if you see a message that says '"Error: The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this R-App" - this is just a default popup that appears when something is taking a while to complete on DumaOS. Just clear the message and wait another 30 seconds for the new Cloud to complete its installation in the background
  5. Once complete, make sure you're happy with your other Geo-Filter settings e.g. home location, radius, Ping Assist on the R1 etc.
  6. Now restart the game
  7. Now play some games. The vast majority, if not all, servers will now be correctly located which should mean you consistently get dedicated servers again.

Now of course, you're still relying on the server infrastructure of GOW4. I've seen plenty of people with bad things to say about their servers - it's possible your California server is full most of the time. What's your ping to the Texas servers as opposed to the Cali servers?