Modem question??

CrossFitKila717

I just moved to TX & have Spectrum 200/10. I’m using my TP Link TC7610 which I know is a great modem.....but.....with the speeds of 200/10, spectrum doesn’t recommend this one. They recommend the 7620. My question is, should I go with a different modem since my 7610 is only an 8x4 channel, to match the higher speeds of 200/10? If I run the test on the Duma & it doesn’t show high spikes, ping or packet loss, shouldn’t it be ok, even though it’s not recommended with these speeds? I may try the freebie modem they gave me just to compare....I know they don’t have a great track record, but since I have it & its the recommended modem, why not? 

What are your thoughts?

5 hours ago, CrossFitKila717 said:

I just moved to TX & have Spectrum 200/10. I’m using my TP Link TC7610 which I know is a great modem.....but.....with the speeds of 200/10, spectrum doesn’t recommend this one. They recommend the 7620. My question is, should I go with a different modem since my 7610 is only an 8x4 channel, to match the higher speeds of 200/10? If I run the test on the Duma & it doesn’t show high spikes, ping or packet loss, shouldn’t it be ok, even though it’s not recommended with these speeds? I may try the freebie modem they gave me just to compare....I know they don’t have a great track record, but since I have it & its the recommended modem, why not? 

What are your thoughts?

No, don't switch. I have the same modem as you which I bought myself and life has never been better. I have spectrum as well with the same speeds, actually I get more for some reason IDK. I live in MN. It's all about having a smooth connection. There is no spikes with this modem as I've check via ping plotter. Don't listen to charter as they give you shit equipment anyways. 

19 hours ago, purpleandgold33 said:

No, don't switch. I have the same modem as you which I bought myself and life has never been better. I have spectrum as well with the same speeds, actually I get more for some reason IDK. I live in MN. It's all about having a smooth connection. There is no spikes with this modem as I've check via ping plotter. Don't listen to charter as they give you shit equipment anyways. 

Awesome, I agree. I’ve been super happy with this modem!