Access point?

D3mon1c

Am I able to access the interface even though my laptop is on a different modem cause I believe before the update there was an option to make it that way just wondering if im able to do the same on the OS beta

What im tryna say is am I able to link to my isp router (the one that isn't the duma) and still access the interface to like use geo filter & etc cause before I think there was an option in the wan settings to setup like that but I don't see it this time around 

Like the idea just came to me to put all my devices on my standard router & my gaming ones only on duma but the question is am I able to access the duma interface on a different modem or do I have to be hooked into the duma to achieve this?

If you have a console connected to the XR500 for example and your pc is on your isp router but you wish to access the geo filter you could use the XR500 wifi and make changes that way. I know it is not ideal but a workaround. That's if I understood you properly.

I don't have the xr500 haha don't plan on getting it either really wish I exploited by idea b4 update cause I could've put my laptop that eats most of my connection cause of downloads and shit on my isp router & just had my xb1 & son's PS4 connected to the duma so I'ma just wait on the update to come out for this and hopefully I remember to do this 😊

• 1 month later...

By chance is that feature gonna be put in with the duma os cause I would love to exploit it by putting my laptop with my isp router and being able to tweak the interface from there while only having my cell and my console on the duma so it has 0 to no latency cause im always using my laptop 

• Administrators

A potential setup would be ISP modem/router > R1 > devices

The ISP modem/router in the setup is upstream of the R1, the devices or whatever is connected to the R1 either directly or indirectly is downstream. Having any devices connected upstream of the router means the R1 wouldn't be able to control them and therefore QoS would not be as effective.

Oh Im not worried about qos on my laptop cause I don't game on my laptop I only game on my console or are you saying if most devices are connected to the other router it effects how effective the qos can be for the devices that are hooked on the duma?

• Administrators

QoS on router level would affect all devices on your network - it would effect your console. 

Example: Internet speed is 10mbps. PC connected to ISP hub is using 9mbps. That means you have 1mbps left for the R1 and all the devices connected to it, which inevitably would mean your console would lag. QoS on the R1 could do nothing to stop the PC connected to the hub because it's not connected to it. Same example but all devices were connected to the R1, QoS would stop that PC hogging the connection and enable you and all your devices to operate smoothly

O ok I see what you mean but still I think I would probably like the whole experience of setting up everything on my isp that way I can take advantage of the bandwidth allocation in the unticking share access area & also hard throttle the connection or even just change the bandwidth settings I have to 50 mbps when gaming & only 2 devices has access to it and my other devices EVEN THOUGH it doesn't have a qos on the other router it can freely just use whatever on that end but have like a certain setting I can take advantage of while gaming to fight between lag cause I really dont like the idea of putting everything all on the duma cause I have 2 smart tv's, ps4, cell phones, and then my devices which is my xbox one a phone and a laptop I mean granted yes ill have bandwidth control but I think just having the devices in the other router that isn't my personal devices helps in its own way than just putting everything on the duma tbh unless im in denial or its just a placebo thing

• Administrators

You can set it up like that if you want to but even setting up QoS how you want to still will not be as effective. As soon as one of those devices connected to the other router start using lots of bandwidth that'll cause issues for all other devices