Blackout send and receive rates

Dan

What kbps are people seeing on their connections in blackout.

I was getting receive rates of 320kbps+ and send rates of around 140kbps.

Now all game is constantly juddering making it hard to aim and I noticed rates are now more like 80kbps and 30kbps. 

Console is getting 70mbps / 14mbps and settings in game show the usual 4151mbps. 

Not sure what has happened

• Administrators

Well those rates aren't unusual, games can use between those lowest and highest values all the time. I think the Fornite values are quite similar to the lowest values you mentioned. So it could just be dependent on the server you're connected to at the time. Do you notice if tick rate has increased/decreased along with these value changes as well?

On Blackbout locked to 20HZ for the receive rates so nothing changed. Still around 60HZ on the send rate.

Decided to go back to R1 original firmware and had a bit of trouble switching between the two. Hopefully the following may be useful

The R1 allows a longer password. Password field in DUMAOS is limited to 16 whereas the repeat field is not. It's a small point because you don't notice the first field stops accepting characters.

On DUMAOS you can change all of the LAN address whereas on R1 you can only change field 3 ("88"). When you downgrade you can end up with a DHCP range in a completely different IP range to the gateway and only field 3 access. You end up with more NAT issues than a horses rump. Only way to resolve was several hard resets.

Post downgrade I couldn't turn off ipv6 on the WAN. Error message referred to wrong subnet although it was set to 255.255.255.0. in the end it turned out the lease time field wasn't populated.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Dan said:

On Blackbout locked to 20HZ for the receive rates so nothing changed. Still around 60HZ on the send rate.

Decided to go back to R1 original firmware and had a bit of trouble switching between the two. Hopefully the following may be useful

The R1 allows a longer password. Password field in DUMAOS is limited to 16 whereas the repeat field is not. It's a small point because you don't notice the first field stops accepting characters.

On DUMAOS you can change all of the LAN address whereas on R1 you can only change field 3 ("88"). When you downgrade you can end up with a DHCP range in a completely different IP range to the gateway and only field 3 access. You end up with more NAT issues than a horses rump. Only way to resolve was several hard resets.

Post downgrade I couldn't turn off ipv6 on the WAN. Error message referred to wrong subnet although it was set to 255.255.255.0. in the end it turned out the lease time field wasn't populated.

Thanks Dan, that's very helpful to know. I've passed it onto the Devs to be aware of.