Advanced Wifi settings please.

It would be nice if there were wifi settings that minimizes interference. Like bluetooth coexistence, and other settings similar to dd-wrt wifi settings and that software is free.

dd-wrt wifi settings has a lot of settings for wifi that minimizes interference even further from the standard 1,6, and 11 channels on 2ghz wifi. 

SO pretty much If I use the netduma with dumaos, it will cause a bit of input lag because the software lacks advanced wifi settings that can minimize wifi interference.  

So at the moment I don't even want to use my netduma because of this reason and probably won't get the netgear router with dumaos  cause It will create a lot of input lag on my ps4 because of the lack of advanced wifi settings.  and I know the 5gz wifi has less interference than the 2ghz wifi, but I have to use the 2ghz wifi for some important devices in my home sadly. 

Because the lack of advanced wifi settings I can't even use my netduma now after learning about dd-wrt which is free for supported routers, which I am using the nighthawk r7000 router.

I want to use my netduma badly, but I sadly can't get passed the amount of input lag it creates because there isn't 

• Administrators

The original R1 firmware didn't have anything like that either. You don't know that you will definitely get lag using the R1 wifi. If you use a wifi analyser to find the least congested channel that will help quite a lot. I'm sure in the future we will implement things like this. Also keep in mind DD-WRT has been ongoing for 13 years. 

XR500/700 is a Netgear router and therefore has their advanced WiFi settings such as 20/40hz coexistence etc. WiFi is always less stable than ethernet so wouldn't advise you to play games over wifi if possible anyway

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The original R1 firmware didn't have anything like that either. You don't know that you will definitely get lag using the R1 wifi. If you use a wifi analyser to find the least congested channel that will help quite a lot. I'm sure in the future we will implement things like this. Also keep in mind DD-WRT has been ongoing for 13 years. 

XR500/700 is a Netgear router and therefore has their advanced WiFi settings such as 20/40hz coexistence etc. WiFi is always less stable than ethernet so wouldn't advise you to play games over wifi if possible anyway

yea I always play with wired. and i'm talking a bout input lag interference, not actual lag in-game. 

• Netduma Staff
12 hours ago, fpsabe said:

yea I always play with wired. and i'm talking a bout input lag interference, not actual lag in-game. 

You said " It will create a lot of input lag on my ps4 because of the lack of advanced wifi settings." But then you've said your PS4 is wired? If your PS4 is wired it won't be affected by WiFi interference / input delay caused by that. That's why nobody talks about this being an issue for gaming - if you're playing on a wired connection, interference doesn't matter.

Fraser is right in saying the new Nighthawk routers have some pretty advanced WiFi settings that'd probably make you very happy. The R1 could use them too though, so thanks for the feedback :D

10 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

You said " It will create a lot of input lag on my ps4 because of the lack of advanced wifi settings." But then you've said your PS4 is wired? If your PS4 is wired it won't be affected by WiFi interference / input delay caused by that. That's why nobody talks about this being an issue for gaming - if you're playing on a wired connection, interference doesn't matter.

Fraser is right in saying the new Nighthawk routers have some pretty advanced WiFi settings that'd probably make you very happy. The R1 could use them too though, so thanks for the feedback :D

well I have a problem and I have no idea how to fix it. My ps4 is hard wired, I even use a strike pack that makes  my ps4 controller wired. My computer is in my same room as my ps4 and it's also hardwired. When I use the netduma wifi, I get crazy input lag when I play call of duty and it's almost unplayable. I use channel 11 for wifi as well. when I turn the wifi off on the netduma, then I no longer get noticeable input lag. But all my devices are hardwired. Is it possible the wifi is interfering with the ps4 console even if it's not using wifi?  Cause When I put my ps4 console in the open the input lag is worse, I have to  have my ps4 under my metal desk to hopefully get less wifi to it.  That's why I have to use the dd-wrt software advanced wifi settings, something on my setup is getting hit  hard with the wifi radio waves so I need to have the least amount of interference as possible. and the device that I think is getting  hit hard by interference to cause my input lag problem is the ps4 it self. 

• Administrators

Ahh, I'm beginning to understand now. It can be that any wireless devices could cause interference such as wireless headphones or anything that works wirelessly, phone, ps4 even a microwave gives out signals. They all use 2.4GHz so I would suggest trying to keep the router away from any wireless devices by about 3 feet if possible and see if that resolves your issue.

Guest Killhippie
20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ahh, I'm beginning to understand now. It can be that any wireless devices could cause interference such as wireless headphones or anything that works wirelessly, phone, ps4 even a microwave gives out signals. They all use 2.4GHz so I would suggest trying to keep the router away from any wireless devices by about 3 feet if possible and see if that resolves your issue.

Latest PS4's have Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) so if you can use 5Ghz that will avoid lots of interference. Next year Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) will really improve things, even over 2.4Ghz. We need new routers for that of course.

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2018 at 8:33 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

I upgraded to the xr500 3 weeks ago  and the input lag issue is gone. something weird going on with my r1 router.  oh well, I really like the xr500.   thank you for your help.