Slow speeds.

Ralph3rd

Hi since update 2.3.1.29 I've experienced serious lag through my netduma about 10-20mbs down and 5-10 up which fluctuates so its impossible to set it to a good bufferbloat setting as it keeps changing speeds. I factory reset but that hasn't sorted the problem. I also tried testing through my isp router and that is fine giving me speeds of 60 plus down and 18 up. So it can only be the r1, i think. Any advice would be great. Thanks. Also the geo filter doesn't load in on my samsung tablet anymore like it used too on the original r1 thanks again.

• Administrators

Have you input the speeds you pay for into Anti-bufferbloats options? Can you provide a screenshot of your QoS page please so we can check if your settings are affecting speeds. You can just leave Anti-Bufferbloat at our recommended 70% and it will still work. 

We haven't optimised for tablets so thats likely why it's not working as expected on a tablet. Also were you doing these speedtests on the tablet or a wired PC?

Yes I've put in the speeds correctly and ive done wired speed test as I always do and every time there good until latest update. Got new Ethernet, new isp hub, speeds are fine through isp hub, I get what I pay for. A soon as I go through r1 it lags at different speeds could be 10-20 mobs down. And in games the lag in pvp is unplayable. I get better connection when I completely turn off r1 and jus use bt hub, which has never been the case b4, the r1 usual gives me better speeds and more stable connection until latest update. I'm try and get pic. 

• Netduma Staff

Try going into your Anti-Bufferbloat settings and click Disable QoS. Do you get your expected throughput then on a wired PC speed test? Anti-Bufferbloat is designed to throttle your speeds (so however this is enabled, your speeds can be affected) and Traffic Prioritisation could also be interfering with the test. Disabling QoS will show you what is really happening.

I hope this helps!

Just disabled the qos, ran the test speeds are back to where they were b4 last update. I'm leave it that way now. Il allocate bandwidth and then test buffer that way. Must have been throttling twice lol. Cheers.