Connecting to 250ms ping host 7500 miles away.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you do one specifically with the Geo-Filter Map options open and when you're connecting to Aus please, its easier if I can see the issue happening

Ill Screenshot when it happens again. 

Here is one with no one in my region 

BVcckqv.png

Not sure what the ping was, since the auto ping didnt find a host I guess, but it was laggy AF and ended in a mercy. I couldnt even get hit detection... 

Honestly How do you configure this thing to work properly? It is started to feel more laggy than before I bought this router. 

Ping plotter wireless. I dont feel like hard wiring it again kfc4Lr6.png

And the next game

wFNrTbt.png

Manually pinging a random scrub gets me FxhvL2j.png

Does this router do anything it claims to? It doesnt deny hosts. It doesnt geo filter. What is going on. It seems purely random. This was 12 random solo players. Not matched because some people grouped up with people in south america. 

This is more what I expect:

UKzfVEC.png

But with this router, even that is rare. 

LOL, that one was a 5v6 the entire game. Nevermind. That one was FUBAR up, too. Just a different kind of FUBAR. 

• Netduma Staff

Hi, welcome to the forum! Lets get to the bottom of what's happening here.

First off, you're playing Destiny 2 right? Which game mode are you on, Crucible? Destiny 2 is a pretty hellish game in terms of networking - as you can imagine, the amount of different online modes (PVE instancing, PVE matchmaking, the tower social space, PVP, Gambit etc) means their server setup is extremely convoluted. If you're playing Crucible it's your lucky day really - that just runs on a standard matchmaking system so the Geo-Filter functions correctly.

That being said, sounds like you're still having issues that need addressing. First off, what did you mean by 'it doesn't deny hosts'? This feature should work unless you've got a rare bug - you should be able to click on a server or peer host and permanently block it. (There's a rare bug that I believe is being addressed in the next update).

Usually we don't recommend Strict Mode for Destiny, but try it out. With Strict Mode enabled you won't be able to connect to any host outside the radius. It can result in disconnections, so you might need to increase your radius to account for that (or allow servers that seem important outside your radius).

Lastly, bear in mind that the Geo-Filter can NEVER affect the amount of players connecting to your host, or where those players are located. The job of the Geo-Filter is to get you the lowest ping host possible, which reduces or completely eliminates lag on your end. If a game is 5v6, or you're only against solo players, that's not the Geo-Filters doing! I hope this helps, get back to me and I'll help you out as much as I can. :) 

10 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Hi, welcome to the forum! Lets get to the bottom of what's happening here.

First off, you're playing Destiny 2 right? Which game mode are you on, Crucible? Destiny 2 is a pretty hellish game in terms of networking - as you can imagine, the amount of different online modes (PVE instancing, PVE matchmaking, the tower social space, PVP, Gambit etc) means their server setup is extremely convoluted. If you're playing Crucible it's your lucky day really - that just runs on a standard matchmaking system so the Geo-Filter functions correctly.

That being said, sounds like you're still having issues that need addressing. First off, what did you mean by 'it doesn't deny hosts'? This feature should work unless you've got a rare bug - you should be able to click on a server or peer host and permanently block it. (There's a rare bug that I believe is being addressed in the next update).

Usually we don't recommend Strict Mode for Destiny, but try it out. With Strict Mode enabled you won't be able to connect to any host outside the radius. It can result in disconnections, so you might need to increase your radius to account for that (or allow servers that seem important outside your radius).

Lastly, bear in mind that the Geo-Filter can NEVER affect the amount of players connecting to your host, or where those players are located. The job of the Geo-Filter is to get you the lowest ping host possible, which reduces or completely eliminates lag on your end. If a game is 5v6, or you're only against solo players, that's not the Geo-Filters doing! I hope this helps, get back to me and I'll help you out as much as I can. :) 

1. PVP in Destiny. (I switch to spectating for PvE so I can get instances with people)

2. Deny didn't work. As I said in another thread, I got match made into an Australian game with 8 people from Australia and 4 people from the west coast of the US.  There was one authentication server (server with a white circle) in Australia connected

AUSTRALIAN 8f3621ecd32ec9ce Denied Dedicated

I named it, clicked deny, and logged out an back in to Destiny (so I could leave while matchmaking and not take the loss), and when I went back into matchmaking it connected me to the same exact game about 4 minutes into it. It didnt seem to be an issue with unbroken connections, since it took me 4 or so minutes to get back into the queue.  

3. I already get a high number of disconnects while using this router, with only 2 "denied" IDs. Probably two or three a session - sometimes if feels like Bungie is policing against DumaOS type filters. Maybe its a Destiny update, but before I got this router I almost never DC'd. Strict mode adding in disconnects doesnt sound like a good experience, TBH, but I guess I can try it. 

One last off topic question: if I switch between spectating and filtering (ie if I decide to play PvP I switch to filtering before I queue), do I have to restart the game?

• Administrators

That is an AWS server, did it have a white circle around it? If so then it was whitelisted and therefore required which is why you weren't able to deny it. How did you know the game was in Aus, just by the peers that were there? They may have been connecting to a US server giving you the advantage. 

We added strict mode as they did checks during games so to disable it would allow those checks but these blocked IDs do they appear as peers by any chance? If so we need the IDs so we can change them to dedicated in the cloud and then with strict off they'll be allowed.

I would recommend so yes

• 4 weeks later...

When I cannot get hit detection, I am not at an advantage. When I normaally play at a 2+KD and get zero kills and zero assists, it is not an advantage. 

This router, as far as I can tell, does not do what it claims to do. Connections are WORSE with it filtering than switching to my comcast gateway. A Comcast modem and router for $11 a month is a better value, it seems. 

• Administrators

We've done a few cloud updates since your last post, flush the cloud in Geo-Filter Map options, wait a minute and refresh the page. If it hasn't improved after that we are doing further optimisations next week which will hopefully help.