After patch 1.07 ....

Sgt-Greco

.... Ping Assist doesn't seem to work.

As shown in the image below, lots of peers with high ping are allowed, even though they are way above my 30 ms threshold.

p2p.thumb.png.6a832a3e04a26a91463ef2b8cd84630f.png

Nevertheless I will never join a dedicated server when I circle a dedi-free area, which (in my case) is awesome. I have good games, to the point the opponents rage quit.

It's 100% p2p because the capital "E" (indicating a dedicated server in the lobby) does not exist. I've also noticed that the in-game ping meter is missing. 

I know for you guys it's frustrating when you can't join your favorite dedicated server, but try to force p2p. I think it's the only way to deal with this matchmaking mess.

I can't remember when was the last time COD would allow p2p a month or so after launch. it seems that the game is overpopulated, so there is loophole for p2p. thank God. :)

No Fraser. I just rebooted the game with the same settings and the same results.

I forgot to mention that it takes a while to find a game but you are never pushed back to the main menu with the "lobby not joinable" message as it happened before 1.06

20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you set ping assist to 0 please then reboot the game. Does it still allow things through ping assist?

Sorry for the delay. No, PA=0 seems to block everyone.

Rebooted, set  PA=30 again and doted heads start to apear all over. I'm joining a p2p match within a few minutes. 

This guy over here pings 15 ms , with what seems to be an internal IP.

p2p.png.0914da450145e30bb147ccc7e8aff844.png

Any ideas? 

• Administrators

Okay thats a good sign then so does indicate it is working correctly otherwise would have allowed some at 0ms. It depends what your base ping is also as 30ms might be too limiting for your connection. Yeah its just a visual bug, can also appear in the south pole as well sometimes. 

I'm not a network expert by any means, but let me throw in my two cents here. 

Maybe NETDUMA's ping assist relies on a simple ICMP echo request to a server. But the in-game ping meter shows the ICMP echo request time + the processing time which is real and more accurate . 

That's why the in-game ping readings are significantly higher compared to those shown in the ping plot. 

Maybe I'm wrong though..... 

Hope this makes sense. 

• Administrators

Yeah we've mentioned it a fair bit around the forum that they include things like processing delay etc. All games have it but don't always include that in the ping calculation. We can only show the ping to the server, as its the only ping you can control thats all you need to worry about

• Administrators
1 hour ago, mambarino said:

Exactly whats going on with me today. Ping assist feature simply isn't working and is just making it take longer for me to find a game. When I get into the game (always peer not dedi) the ping is all over the place, most of the time 100+

Have you checked whats already been said to see if my explanations make sense regarding your issue?