Black ops 4 in game disconnects

Hi, I have an XR500 with a wired connection to a PS4 pro. The problem is that during gameplay on black ops 4 I keep getting a connection interrupted error! It doesn’t kick me from the game it just leaves me able to move but everyone else is just running on the spot for a few seconds. It reconnects exactly were I was or I’ve been killed and re spawn. Never had this happen before. Has any come across this or have any suggestions. Game runs fine other than this and it’s always at the worst time when it does it.

ive also posted this on the NETGEAR forum with zero response from NETDUMA or NETGEAR.

I’m also getting kicked 3 maybe 4 games out of 10. Error in game showing disconnected from servers. So if I’m host with friends it kicks me but not them so it’s definitely at my end. Never had this issue with my r7000.  I bought the xr500 to give me more consistent games not give me more issues. Also while I’m moaning, how come I always seem to get p2p? Very rare and I mean rare that I get on a dedi!

We played last nite and again we got disconnected a few times. We all using various different routers and modems and all experienced the same thing. This is a BO4 issue. Not a router issue. 

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, unknownsith said:

I’m also getting kicked 3 maybe 4 games out of 10. Error in game showing disconnected from servers. So if I’m host with friends it kicks me but not them so it’s definitely at my end. Never had this issue with my r7000.  I bought the xr500 to give me more consistent games not give me more issues. Also while I’m moaning, how come I always seem to get p2p? Very rare and I mean rare that I get on a dedi!

Hi, welcome to the forum! If you disconnect the XR500 and play, do you get disconnected? What about if you set the Geo-Filter to 'Spectator Mode'? Black Ops 4 is having some major issues at this time, but we're working on a cloud update as well as a new Ping Assist feature which should alleviate these problems :)

I will try a direct connection to my modem to see if I have the same disconnects. As for the geo filter I’m on 250 down 30 up, pppoe connection, sliders both at 70%, filtering mode, strict mode on, auto ping on, I’m in the uk and have set my radius to 1000 miles as I found it struggling to find a game at 500 miles. I followed the guide on this forum for blops 4! I use a static ip for my PS4, PS4 in dmz, PS4 ip reserved outside of the pool. I’ve had all this working great on my r7000 but I’m having issues on the xr500 on (blops 4). Are servers supposed to always show up on the geo filter or just the one you connect to at the time? The only time I see any are when the game is booting up.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, unknownsith said:

I will try a direct connection to my modem to see if I have the same disconnects. As for the geo filter I’m on 250 down 30 up, pppoe connection, sliders both at 70%, filtering mode, strict mode on, auto ping on, I’m in the uk and have set my radius to 1000 miles as I found it struggling to find a game at 500 miles. I followed the guide on this forum for blops 4! I use a static ip for my PS4, PS4 in dmz, PS4 ip reserved outside of the pool. I’ve had all this working great on my r7000 but I’m having issues on the xr500 on (blops 4). Are servers supposed to always show up on the geo filter or just the one you connect to at the time? The only time I see any are when the game is booting up.

You should also see the server / host when you are actually playing the game. CAn you not see this? Make sure you zoom out to full Map view if you cannot - it's possible it's in a different location.

Your settings sound good, so I wouldn't change anything there. As Bimmer said, it was probably just the game dropping out. There's no DumaOS setting that would actively cause this to happen during the game itself. Let us know if it continues though

On 11/6/2018 at 8:12 AM, e38BimmerFN said:

Ive seen this as well. This is NOT a router issue. This is  BO4 issue. Been reports of in game disconnects and boots out of game or to the dash board. Check the CoD game forum. 

It CAN, AND IS a router issue however, I do feel BO4 is partly to blame.  When gaming on BO4 and I'm the "party leader", I have to make sure the Geo-Filter INITIALLY covers everyone in our party.  Once the party is together in the BO4 lobby, I can shrink down the Geo-Filter to the closest BO4 server to my location and gaming is great.  If anyone from the party drops / leaves, it causes all players in our party to disband.  I've even added each of the members in our party to the ALLOWED list, but it seems to still cause problems if I don't expand the Geo-Filter list prior to all of us becoming a party in BO4.

29 minutes ago, BiggShooter said:

It CAN, AND IS a router issue however, I do feel BO4 is partly to blame.  When gaming on BO4 and I'm the "party leader", I have to make sure the Geo-Filter INITIALLY covers everyone in our party.  Once the party is together in the BO4 lobby, I can shrink down the Geo-Filter to the closest BO4 server to my location and gaming is great.  If anyone from the party drops / leaves, it causes all players in our party to disband.  I've even added each of the members in our party to the ALLOWED list, but it seems to still cause problems if I don't expand the Geo-Filter list prior to all of us becoming a party in BO4.

I don't believe this is a router only issue, maybe in part some way however mostly a BO4 issue. When I hosted games, we got booted as well. I was using a different NG router and a non NG router as well. Saw disconnects across both different routers. Gaming last night was pretty good however, and didn't see any disconnects while gaming. Roommate was hosting our games on a non XR NG router. 

59 minutes ago, e38BimmerFN said:

I don't believe this is a router only issue, maybe in part some way however mostly a BO4 issue. When I hosted games, we got booted as well. I was using a different NG router and a non NG router as well. Saw disconnects across both different routers. Gaming last night was pretty good however, and didn't see any disconnects while gaming. Roommate was hosting our games on a non XR NG router. 

It's both a router AND a BO4 issue.  The Geo-Filter on the XR500 seems to cause problems with BO4.  I do agree that BO4 does have issues with disconnects.  In a perfect world, both would work w/o issues however, nothing is perfect and therefore you take the good with the bad.  Either way, I'm still able to play BO4 and most of the time get great results gaming with our group in BO4.  😊

Ya BO4 in general is probably having issues like all the other games after launch time. Hopefully it will get better. 

Would be nice to see a FW update for the 450/500 as well. 

Still not liking BO4.