Hard Wire Speeds Slow

Raven pV

Checking my internet speeds on my laptop cell phone and ipad i get the normal speeds they are all wireless. But as of today on my xbox 1, it is hardwired, i check the speeds and its only getting 7 down and 1 up. 13 times slower than yesterday. Does anyone know why? Also i hardwired my laptop and got the speeds im suppose to get.

• Administrators

Hey Raven, I really wouldn't worry about the speed test on the Xbox, it is quite inaccurate. If all your other devices are performing normally then its all fine and nothing to worry about :) 

just doesnt make sense, cuz i can disconect the router and direct connect my modem straight to my xbox and recieves speeds of 120 down and 25 up. but nvr with the netduma hooked up. Ive read ur guide multiple times for optimal speeds just can get them

I had the same problem on my ps4... It was showing me on my pc my full 30 down and 6 up but on my ps4 sometimes 7-2 or 15-2 and 36 ms to google...

In my case the problem was that i hardwired my netduma 8 meters away from the modem, that means the netduma was placed near the ps4 hardwired with the red cat6 cable... Now i put the netduma beside the modem and than 8 meters wired to the ps4... Than i run alot of tests and it realy helped... 25 down 4 up on the ps4 and 20 ms to google.

Maybe my bridged modem caused the prob. ? Anyway, i hope this can help you....

And iam from austria so sorry for my english !

Archived