Feature Request - Link Aggregation?

not sure which router you are referring to. The R1 has no chance of coping with that, I do not think  that the XR500 can either but the XR700 does support link aggregation.

5 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

not sure which router you are referring to. The R1 has no chance of coping with that, I do not think  that the XR500 can either but the XR700 does support link aggregation.

It would be the XR500 that I would like it on, when I am ready for 10Gbps in my home network I may look at the XR700, waiting on reviews regarding Plex Media Server running on the XR700 too! 😃

3 minutes ago, TheFuzzyOne87 said:

It would be the XR500 that I would like it on, when I am ready for 10Gbps in my home network I may look at the XR700, waiting on reviews regarding Plex Media Server running on the XR700 too! 😃

the server performs great. I have my synology 218play nas connected to it. I can answer any questions regarding the plex server functionality. 

3 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

the server performs great. I have my synology 218play nas connected to it. I can answer any questions regarding the plex server functionality. 

Oh wow really!? I have the 415play, have you done much with multiple transcodes happening at once through the XR700? What quality was the transcodes etc would be great to know too!

I have plex setup so my parents can use it from their home too so to save on my upload bandwidth I need it to handle at least 3 transcodes at once (ambitious from a router I imagine though).

I have had no need for multiple transcoding as nobody has access to my library but myself. you have to have a usb dongle/drive connected also which I presume it is for metadata purposes. The plex server is updated periodically to the router. I have experienced no lag and can access it from anywhere outside my home also. i used it the other day when I had a 2 day break away with my wife. Sorry I cannot help you more with multiple transcoding but what I do use it for works very well indeed.

5 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

I have had no need for multiple transcoding as nobody has access to my library but myself. you have to have a usb dongle/drive connected also which I presume it is for metadata purposes. The plex server is updated periodically to the router. I have experienced no lag and can access it from anywhere outside my home also. i used it the other day when I had a 2 day break away with my wife. Sorry I cannot help you more with multiple transcoding but what I do use it for works very well indeed.

Thanks for the info.

Yeah sounds about right regarding the USB drive for the metadata etc as that could fill up the space on the actual router depending how large the library is.

4 minutes ago, TheFuzzyOne87 said:

Thanks for the info.

Yeah sounds about right regarding the USB drive for the metadata etc as that could fill up the space on the actual router depending how large the library is.

My library is over 2TB and growing. Here are 2 screenshots.

2018-10-28 (2).png

2018-10-28 (3).png

6 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

My library is over 2TB and growing. Here are 2 screenshots.

Nice! I hate to think how large my library is, I like how you create the network mount/share on the same page as the Plex server, makes life that tiny bit easier rather than hopping between pages.

What type of file shares are supported by the router (NFS, AFP, SMB etc)? Or what type have you got enabled on your Synology?

2 minutes ago, TheFuzzyOne87 said:

Nice! I hate to think how large my library is, I like how you create the network mount/share on the same page as the Plex server, makes life that tiny bit easier rather than hopping between pages.

What type of file shares are supported by the router (NFS, AFP, SMB etc)? Or what type have you got enabled on your Synology?

Not sure what files the router supports as I was given this unit  as a beta test to test it's features prior to release. I would imagine it supports all major file share types as I have not come across any that have failed so far. I cannot tell you off the top of my head regarding my NAS either unless I log into it and find out for you.

1 minute ago, BIG__DOG said:

Not sure what files the router supports as I was given this unit  as a beta test to test it's features prior to release. I would imagine it supports all major file share types as I have not come across any that have failed so far. I cannot tell you off the top of my head regarding my NAS either unless I log into it and find out for you.

The router won't care about the file format (I think), was more curious on the protocol you mount the NAS share to the router with, but thinking about it more I imagine it supports at least NFS and AFP at a minimum considering it will be Linux under the hood of the router.

Don't worry about logging in to your NAS though!

I am hugely jealous of you getting the router as a beta! 😭

3 minutes ago, TheFuzzyOne87 said:

The router won't care about the file format (I think), was more curious on the protocol you mount the NAS share to the router with, but thinking about it more I imagine it supports at least NFS and AFP at a minimum considering it will be Linux under the hood of the router.

Don't worry about logging in to your NAS though!

I am hugely jealous of you getting the router as a beta! 😭

the NAS is mounted by it's ip address, then the network path for the plex folder on the NAS is added then the login credentials for the NAS  and that is it.