SB6141 and the Netduma R1

Sewn

I am considering getting the Netduma R1.  My main hobby is playing COD and I want to see if I can make my connections better.  Will the SB6141 be a good matching modem for it. Can anyone suggest a good modem to match with it? I currently have Comcast with Blast internet tier 2.

Motorola/Arris SB6121 and SB6183 -there is some sort of bug that after steady usage the the ping starts to spike and the only way to correct it is to reboot the router. And the occurences are random  so it can happen after one hour or one day.  You never know.  Supposedly the problem can be fixed with a firmware update but that this up to when Comcast pushes out one who knows when that will be. These two modems are built off of the Broadcom chipset.

Motorola/Arris SB6141-- Is built based off of the Texas Instruments chipset.  Should work fine but I can not confirm this.  

I had the SB6183 and I can confirm this.  I think any other time the SB6121 and SB6183 would work fine but for some reason when the R! and the SB6183/6121 are in a setup together this bug is revealed. 

If you already have the SB6141 I would not purchased another modem.  Use it for your setup with the Netduma but if you do start to have issues or if you haven't  already got the SB6141 I would recommend the Netgear CM500.  It is compatible with Comcast and works well the the higher tiers.  It's about $90 on Amazon.  

Hope this helps.

I use to have a combo of router and modem from time warner cable, then switch to the cm500 modem and its been way better.

Yeah Voltron027 I love that modem. No issues.

Archived